By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are MK8 numbers more impressive than WD??

Which is more impressive?

Mario Kart 8, obviously. 336 62.92%

WATCHDOGS FTW! GO UBISOFT! 126 23.60%

You made this soooooo bad :P 27 5.06%

Can't decide. 43 8.05%

Total:532

Yes MK8 numbers are more impressive. Mk8 did it in 2 days on 1 console....WD did it all week on 5 consoles.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Ryudo said:

4 Million on 5 platforms in 7 days averaging less than 1 Million per system LESS
1.2 Million on one system in 2 days

What is hard to understand about that? MK8 blew it out of the water

Watch Dogs had five days and it hasn't been released in Japan. (actually I'm not sure if their PR was based on the tracking weeks or a full week, but VGC data will be five days.)  Mario Kart had 4 days in Japan.

Also if there had been a PC version of MK8 that sold 50k would that somehow make MK8 sales worse since it brings the average down?

I didn't count PC users, since that's impossible. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Yes, they are more impressive. WD came out on 5 freaking systems. MK8, only one.

Both of them were impressive. I'm more impressed with MK8 because it sold 1.2 million over 2 days on just one platform.

Watch Dogs' numbers are more impressive for a new ip. Even if it's on five systems, the majority of its sales came from the PS4.

Around the Network
LordPhil said:
Watch Dogs' numbers are impressive for a new ip. Even if it's on five systems, the majority of its sales came from the PS4.

I'm not sure if anybody said that the WD sales weren't impressive. The question is which is more impressive. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
LordPhil said:
Watch Dogs' numbers are impressive for a new ip. Even if it's on five systems, the majority of its sales came from the PS4.

I'm not sure if anybody said that the WD sales weren't impressive. The question is which is more impressive. 

You replied a few seconds before I updated my post :P

WD's attach rate on PS4 is probably gonna be higher than MK8 on Wii U, so the "only on one platform" argument is not good enough to put MK8 above WD in my opinion. It's a new IP too. The fastest-selling one in history!

I'm gonna go with Watch Dogs.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I'm inclined to say Watch Dogs because it's a new IP. Mario Kart has always sold rather well, and it's one of the reasons many Nintendo fans purchase a console. So it selling well given the low amount of consoles out there isn't as big a surprise. However, that doesn't demerit the accomplishment.

Mario Kart 8 'cause it had a much smaller install base, not to mention barely any marketing.

Edit: I meant barely any marketing compared to Watch_Dogs, not that it didn't have any marketing