By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How's Wii's 08 shaping up to be?

Last year, the only console I knew that was going to have an amazing 08 was the Ps3. But all this week, I have been stunned by Nintendo's plans! Yes, even the PTP service! 2008 already started off 10 times better than 07! So how good do you think it is so far? 08 started off with a great title. (no more heroes) Do you think Wii's 08 will leave its 07 in the dust. (i think yes) let me know your thoughts.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

p.s.- sorry about the sig if y'all wondering. :(

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

It seems like Christmas never ended for Wii owners, due to the way things got delayed. We just got NMH, we have Smash, Okami, Wii Fit, WiiWare and Mario kart all within the first 6 months of 08. If that's not a slam dunk I don't know what is. What a way to start a new year!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Wii is a fad it will die off eventually.

yeah. 08 started off with a BANG!

I just hope Nintendo doesn't do like M$ and hit everyone with a shitload of games from 1 genre for the 2nd year.

(m$ and shooters!)

True Genius
Around the Network

@dark-lord

are you playing or serious? cause I don't want no freakin flaming going on in my mutha f@ckin thread!

True Genius

Soriku, I am at my cousins for about 4 more hours. He doesn't have a computer. That's why I am typing from my Wii. By then the sig will be shortened.

True Genius

Well every game I listed for the first 6 months is a game from a totally different genre. So I don't think Nintendo has anything to worry about with genre overlap.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I am curious to see what the Christmas lineup will be. So far it is not looking nearly as robust as last years (which is nearly impossible if you ask me).

http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

Animal Crossing MMO (rumored) is all I see worth mentioning so far. It seems like there early year lineup is stronger than their Q3 and Q4 lineup, which is very bizarre.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14526

Looking at BengaBenga's stickied thread (that sounds dirty), it's looking like a great year. JRPGs, more great first party titles, bizarre unique games, wiiware will launch with some great stuff, third parties are giving more than just shovelware. 2008 will definately be better than 07. And 07 was pretty great.

I had my wii for about 6 months last year and I bought about 8 games for my wii. This year so far I've only bought 1 (no more heroes), but I can count a ton more I plan on purchasing. And if some of last year's games I missed get budget prices, Daaayaam gina! Then there is a good chance I'll purchase around 25-30 wii games this year.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.