Do you agree with me?

Yay! 109 19.60%

Nay! 158 28.42%

Yo crazy? 289 51.98%

Total:556
Twilord said:
freebs2 said:
think-man said:
If you're loving MK8 imagine MK9 on the next gen with sexier graphics 60fps on 4 player split

In 2003 Mario Kart had 60fps split screen, Mario Kart 8 has only 30fps because Nintendo didn't care, not because WiiU isn't powerfull enough to do it.

Its sixty FPS for up to two players and mostly only switches to a lock of thirty FPS for three/four because Mario-Kart is too choatic to risk dips.

I know, I own the game, I love it but still it doesn't change my point. Since they managed to make solid 60fps on Gamecube, it was possible on WiiU as well with some optimization, they just didn't care enough to do it.

Around the Network

Nintendo is already thinking about replacing it asap. The company who has been planning ten year profitability lifespans was Sony and thats because they take risk with their consoles. Microsoft decided to follow them. Nintendo has no real reason for a ten year lifespan seeing that they already have already set their sights on next gen and this gen isnt catching on as quickly as they thought.

Its a pleasure to see so much Nintendo insiders on this forums. Sometimes it seems that local dwellers know how to manage a huge company much better then Iwata-san.

Sharu said:
Its a pleasure to see so much Nintendo insiders on this forums. Sometimes it seems that local dwellers know how to manage a huge company much better then Iwata-san.

Including yourself amirite???

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If you care for Nintendo's future, you'd realize just how bad of an idea letting Wii U ride for 10 years. Even 5 years is pushing it. No way can Nintendo sit idly on their hands with a system that barely sells for years with no 3rd party support. It'll drive them into further irrelevancy as their games slowly lose selling power due to the rise of more popular games and game systems.

Console transitions have more to do that just upping power and performance.

Around the Network

With 14nm and 10nm coming, along with massive increases in dram density, a 2017-2018 $299 Nintendo console could be a freakish monster. Make the 3ds successor a tablet compatible replacement with a 5.5" screen for the xl model, and make the home console BC with Wii/Wii U. Offer CPU/GPU performance 25-50% higher than ps4. Doable for sure @ $299 in 2017. It would mean easy ability for great multiplats/3rd party.

The 2gb ram and slow CPU was catastrophic for Nintendo with the U. It made 3rd party support difficult/weak.

None of the 8th gen consoles will have a 10 year lifespan, the PS3 and 360 will also be a faded memory on their 10th anniversary. The time of decade-long console support has long since passed.

Wii online is being switched off after less than 8 years, with a 100m install base. WiiU is not gonna last 10 years. Its online will be switched off, won't be receiving new games and will be discontinued before Nov 2022.

@ Mummel - All it takes to last a decade is to still be in production, still have a active userbase and still have games releasing. Xbox 360 is 17 months away from 10 years. It'll still have all 3 by then.

I hope the Wii U lasts just long enough so that its successor can do 4K.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

i think in 5/6 years they'll announce a new system. we'll see.