By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU to have a 10 years lifespan

Do you agree with me?

Yay! 109 19.60%

Nay! 158 28.42%

Yo crazy? 289 51.98%

Total:556

Nintendo's business model doesn't seem to support this long a LTD with any console. I don't think the wii u was designed to be a 10 year console or such a thing was even in the mindset of Nintendo when it was being implemented.

They probably expected the thing to sell like crack because it is the Wii U (hence the pathetic marketing) and have another console ready in at least six or seven years, as usual.

Reality has however now sunk in and they must revise their approach because if things don't improve dramatically in sales for the wii u over the next few years it will have to be pulled.

Nintendo must do what is right for their business, not what a handful of fans want. Nothing is sillier than the fan's usual song "The wii u is alright for me, I like the games, I like the graphics blah, blah so Nintendo should keep it for 10, 15, 100 years" or vice versa "The console crap, make a new one".

Who cares about you, really? If only a few people agree with you the system cannot sustain itself.

It's NOT about you. It's about doing whatever it takes to sell 1bn consoles and making money. It is about appealing to the masses and right now the masses aren't buying the wii u.

It's the proverbial trap of the rock and the hard place.

The rock: Keeping a crappy selling console for ten years is financial suicide.

The hard place: On the other hand there is no guarantee that a newer console in 2 or 3 years wouldn't prove to be more financially disastrous.

However I agree with the OP. Stick with the wii u and do your darnest to get consumers on board even if that takes 10 years because a new console in a couple years is making the same mistakes as Sega.

Around the Network

not even the allmighty ps4....