new tracks 6 1.04%

anti-gravity 7 1.21%

character choices 56 9.69%

Limited online chat 48 8.30%

No friend invites online 48 8.30%

it's perfect 116 20.07%

it's a disgrace 36 6.23%

Total:578

Online sometimes drops me into a spectator which I hate either let me in or say "No open games are available."

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Around the Network
ieatdragonz said:
Online sometimes drops me into a spectator which I hate either let me in or say "No open games are available."

If I see "No open games available" then I think that there are not enough people online and would play something else. Plus its better to watch people play rather then just wait whilst it searches for people to play with. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
ieatdragonz said:

If I see "No open games available" then I think that there are not enough people online and would play something else. Plus its better to watch people play rather then just wait whilst it searches for people to play with. 

It's no fun getting in as spectator when they just started the race and considering how many people are playing now there should be no reason to end up as spectator on regular games outisde tournaments.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Overall it's probably the best game in the series, still it has 3 shortcomings:

-The battle mod was completely neglected.

-No 60fps in 3/4 playes

-Items are not perfect yet: they've made a step forward limiting blue-shells, but they also made a step backward by not letting you pick up a second item while you hold shells or bananas behind your back.

PenguinZ said:

Lack of race times.. I'm not sure why Nintendo thinks this isn't an important feature to have anymore. This is probably my biggest disappointment with the game.

-Character roster is kind of disappointing. Not really who's there, but who isn't... Where's King Boo, or just a boo character in general?

-Lack of All-Cup tours (One for new tracks, one for retro)... I know it's a dream, but I'd love to see it in a MK game again.

I would harp on battle mode, but honestly the only battle mode I ever liked was in Super Mario Kart.

All-cup is really a feature i wish they'd kept from Double Dash. A test of your patience and skill that really separated the men from the boys.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

They have let you keep your items if you fall off track though.

No firend invites? I can invite my friends in my game...

osed125 said:
Locknuts said:
Error code 118-0516. I can't play online 9 times out of 10. I've tried port forwarding to no avail. Someone please help!

Try this

http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fix-mario-kart-8-connection-errors/

Are there specific MK8 ports to open? When I enable DMZ in the DD-WRT firmware, my Wii U can't go online anymore...

I already opened some ports for CoD, Blacklist and ´Wii Sports Club. Maybe MK8 uses the same ports as WSC.

EDIT: Ah, DMZ works now, I had to disable the opened ports. Can DMZ cause security issues?

osed125 said:
Joaco <3 N64 said:
Enabling DMZ on my router fixed the issues, you guys should try it!

OT: 7 koopalings, seriously???

N64 Rainbow Road was a major letdown too. :(

What issues did you have? I get constants "A communication error has occurred" while playing online, but I'm not sure if enabling DMZ will fix this. 

This was my error code:

Error code:118-0516

An error has occured. Please try again later.

If the problem persist lalalalala. You should give it a go, after enabling DMZ i was able to race online.

Maybe even changing your MTU can help, I have it at 1492.

episteme said:
osed125 said:
Locknuts said:
Error code 118-0516. I can't play online 9 times out of 10. I've tried port forwarding to no avail. Someone please help!

Try this

http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fix-mario-kart-8-connection-errors/

Are there specific MK8 ports to open? When I enable DMZ in the DD-WRT firmware, my Wii U can't go online anymore...

I already opened some ports for CoD, Blacklist and ´Wii Sports Club. Maybe MK8 uses the same ports as WSC.

EDIT: Ah, DMZ works now, I had to disable the opened ports. Can DMZ cause security issues?

Technically speaking yes. But for something like Mario Kart I don't think there will be any issues. If you ever start hearing about hackers during online or stuff like that the DMZ should be disabled for precaution, but for now I think enabling it should be fine.

Nintendo and PC gamer