new tracks 6 1.04%

anti-gravity 7 1.21%

character choices 56 9.69%

Limited online chat 48 8.30%

No friend invites online 48 8.30%

it's perfect 116 20.07%

it's a disgrace 36 6.23%

Total:578

I haven't bought the game yet, although I was planning to get it at launch untill I heard about the battle mode. So I'll go with that.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
episteme said:

Are there specific MK8 ports to open? When I enable DMZ in the DD-WRT firmware, my Wii U can't go online anymore...

I already opened some ports for CoD, Blacklist and ´Wii Sports Club. Maybe MK8 uses the same ports as WSC.

EDIT: Ah, DMZ works now, I had to disable the opened ports. Can DMZ cause security issues?

Depends if you did the DMZ right.

Had a friend who put his entire routher in DMZ.  Idiot.

Only for Wii U's IP.

I didnt't notice improvements from the DMZ, therefore I went back to the usual Nintendo ports.

TCP: 80, 443, 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
UDP: 1-65535

Koopa The Quick, ll Piantisimo, Nabbit, BoomBoom, Captain Toad, Fawful. the roster could have had a few more new faces. I think my big disappointment is that I can't carry an extra item anymore. Oh well.

ktay95 said:
Lack of mini map, stupid splitscreen, gamepad splitscreen, advantage to gamepad users, battle mode (not that I really care), coin item instead of FIB, no custom button layout (wouldve been nice), characters... seriously 7 koopalings and PGP. At least we have a baby Rosalina now =D
Umm yeah thats it for now I think.

what advantage??

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Finally played battle mode today, and yeah it's lame! It's simply unfun and boring with how long and narrow the tracks are, making it so you're just driving around aimlessly most of the time, and when you do finally encounter another player, it's just a quick jousting or driveby, then back to searching again. Other disappointments include the character roster of course, only 3 ATVs, occasional connection issues online, no robust amount of options for friend rooms, Star rank next to your name is gone, not being able to upload full races onto Miiverse like they said we'd be able to, not being able to view highlights from Miiverse unless they were also put on Youtube, and most importantly, Daisy Hills was not included into the Retro track selection! Most of these could potentially be fixed though!