anti-gravity 7 1.21%

character choices 56 9.69%

Limited online chat 48 8.30%

No friend invites online 48 8.30%

it's perfect 116 20.07%

it's a disgrace 36 6.23%

Total:578
Mr Khan said:
Honestly i'd rather have characters limited to what karts they could use, similar to Double Dash or DS (multiple karts, but limited by weight class of the character). It just feels too open-ended to be able to take, say, Daisy, and just use any kart with her. Feels like it sucks the strategy out.

i agree with this.

in addition:

- character roster is absolutely whacked (7 koopalings, 5 babies and 2 metals.  that's 14 wasted slots...  nearly half of the entire roster!!)

- no option for on-screen map/placings.

- no way to change character or kart between online matches.

- no anti-aliasing.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Wait, there is really no option to invite your online friends?

Sure there is.

Just send them a quick message on Facebook.

There is absolutely no question or contest here. The ONLY truly bad part about the entire game, is the fucking shitty ass, phoned in, didn't care "Battle Mode". I hate it, and I'm really sad Nintendo was so lazy about a feature they themselves made so popular in the past.

OTHER than that? The game is pretty much great. No real major issues or complaints, and it's pretty damn fun.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Kane1389 said:
Wait, there is really no option to invite your online friends?

Sure there is.

Just send them a quick message on Facebook.

Is there an in-game invite option available? Something every online multiplayer game had since forever...

They took away the automatic option - now I have to learn to drift without slamming into walls! But I can adapt to that, I'm actually finding it fun learning.

All the Koopalings and babies and metals annoy me. I hate it when characters are just made up for the sake of it (looking at Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Metal Peach) - they're even more pointless than Waluigi. At least he can be said to exist as Wario's sidekick.

Around the Network

I think older people who played Bros 3 in 1989 and World in 1991 + watched the cartoon, are quite happy with the koopalings, but if your first Mario was 64 or Sunshine, it may seem like a wasted slot to you.
Before Miyamoto decided to create Bowser JR and retcon him as Bowser's son, everybody thought the Koopalings were Bowser's kids, they even said that in the manuals. And that is why Bowser JR is so disliked by many.

I do think Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, the 2 Metal characters shouldn't exist, and the game would be half a point better if they were replaced by Diddy, Kamek, Birdo and King Boo.

Battle mode is painfully bad.

N64 Rainbow Road.

There is a lot of stuff, mostly attributed to the lack of choice in options:

- no on screen track info (aka let's fuck everyone without a gamepad)
- no race times
- no horizontal split screen (because wide screen in a racing game is totally not needed)
- and of course the Battle mode

A game that shits so much on the features of its predecessors can hardly be called perfect. It looks like the game was only made with the game in mind and not with the player.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't really see the problem with Battle Mode, it's very fun and the tracks are much better than the square ones. Of course they should have made specific tracks for Battle Mode, but in the vain of the main tracks.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David