By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination starts in..

tombi123 said:
Number of Sony home consoles sold: 229,045,000

Number of Nintendo home consoles sold: 187,040,000

Number of Microsoft home consoles sold: 41,840,000

SONY domination right there.

Awesome cherry picking, Tombi123. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
This thread is flamebait because its implying negative things for Sony, now if it was a thread about Ninty or MS then it would be legitimate discussion, lol.

I do'n't think so. All these threads bashing sony, ms and ninty are sad. And i think this is more of a thread for bashing sony. Common Neos made it. I'm sorry if i am beeing a douche right now, but its my opinion.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Sony Domination over 360 is already showing signs of beginning. Over Wii? never, the best it will ever do is sell 20% more(maybe in like 2010) which is not domination.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Sony domination started in 1995 and ended in 2006.. that's a pretty remarkable (11 year) run.. but it is over and won't be coming back any time soon.

Behold PS4 in 2014, that might bring Sony back to number one again.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Never, PS3 will not catch the Wii. Second place woo hoo. Anything less than first place, Sony will have failed.

As much as I hate to admit it I too doubt PS3 will catch up with wii. Now with Xbox360 that's a different story.

Still I do not want any of them to have total domination like Sony had with the PS and PS2.

Soriku said:
tombi123 said:

lol.

Good post.

We'll be laughing over it when Wii passes 100 mil sales and Nintendo passes Sony numbers.

Given that Nintendo had over a 100M with the NES and SNES, I should hope they do regain the lead with the Wii.

Riot Of The Blood said:
tombi123 said:

Awesome cherry picking, Tombi123. 

While I was taking the console business as a whole, everyone else seems to be cherry picking the PS3 :)

Wait... people still think that MGS4 is going to turn the tides? A sequel to a game that sells well but not OMG well? Okee....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Soriku said:
December 21, 2012

At the end of this world, this civilization, this era; when the Human being will enter in the fourth dimension, like the Mayas said centuries before.