By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination starts in..

omgwtfbbq said:
Since you say "Sony Domination" and not "PS3 Domination", the response is easy. No company has ever dominated more than two generations in a row. Nintendo has this one and next one, and then if they're still making consoles and no other company takes the domination crown, I predict Sony domination begins September 21, 2016

Wait, the NES and SNES don't count?

Around the Network

Hold on...who won between N64 and PS1?

tehsage said:
Hold on...who won between N64 and PS1?

PS1

Diabloz said:
Diabloz said:
Diabloz said:
The week of the first week of the ps3 domination ended feb. 24th just look at those sales

Im not talking about the wii ..... i meant ps3 and 360.

no no... its just that wii is not a hardcore gaming system, it doesnt hit the same gaming category and its way out of the league in sales.

hahahaha.. well at least you are trying

FinalEvangelion said:
Neos said:
Diabloz said:
Diabloz said:
The week of the first week of the ps3 domination ended feb. 24th just look at those sales

why would that count as domination? why are you leaving the wii out?

and don't come with this HD crap, okay.

The type of games for a start? I think it's time that people accept that there is another division in the gaming industry - much like PCs and consoles did a while ago, or like handhelds and home consoles. I know many Nintendo fanboys want the Wii to be the PS2 of this generation, and have 100% of the gaming support, whether it is Wii Sports, Crysis, MGS, etc.

The industry is expanding - PCs have its territory with MMOs and FPSs, MS and Sony are trying to fight over their territory, PSP and DS are fighting for the handheld market, and the Wii is forming a new type of interactive entertainment.

The one exception is Japan, where the gaming industry has been saturated for quite a while and the different classes of gaming devices really affect one another. However, in the West, there is quite a bit of room to roam.

Just had to say :Xbox360 owner that hates Halo? NICE TO MEET YOU!

If only there were more of you.. i'm not a microsoft guy myself, and I think the worst turn off is the army of mindless Halo fanboys (most overated game ever btw)... if there were more people like you I'd probably treat more fairly  the xbox360 (I mean it's got some good games i guess.. i love how losto dissey looks)

I also agree with what you said..  its all about types of games, but it's actually more than anything about adressed public, price and hype... right now nintendo is doing great expanding the market just selling to a bunch of dads and LOLgurls, I'm sure that it can still hold for a while, but the only way Nintendo will keep it's lead all the way to the end (past price drops specially) is if 3d party developpers start taking it seriously.

Now, before a Bunch of ninty fanboys skin me.. i love the wii, and i do agree that it has some great games (at least as many as ps3 or xbox360) the thing is, their either exclusives, or 1st party titles.What I'm trying to say is : developpers should be afraid of having chopped down versions of the games (RE5? GTAIV?) I mean if content is king... and Wii can of course pull of better graphics thanthe last generation, where's the damage in comming up with GTAIV for Wii??

The problems is that a lot of developpers are baffled by the controller, they try to shove a stupid "jerk your nunchuck" minigame in every $%&* game that comes out for the Wii.. who finds that entertaining?? I was checking out the preview for monster lab on GT, seems interesting enough.. except for the part where you have to "break" each and every treasure chest you come accross.. WTF? i don't see any PS3 or Xbox360 going steve-o on their controllers for any game.. Wiimote is a bliss, not a hindrance! if you can't come up with a cool wait to use it like this: move with nunchuck, b for shortcut, very used functions, and point + a for selecting stuff and shooting.. that's it! brilliant control, throw on some menus with 1 and 2 and "special" shit with the pad, how is that so difficult?

fighting game? go smash bros, or if you want to stay classic make it mandatory to use a classic or CG controller... anything is better than soul calibur legends.. heck, tekken 5 is still my favorite fighter, and i'm sure  wii can pull out better graphics and some really wicked features

Wow.. that was long.. 

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Around the Network
Qly said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Neos said:
Diabloz said:
Diabloz said:

why would that count as domination? why are you leaving the wii out?

and don't come with this HD crap, okay.

The type of games for a start? I think it's time that people accept that there is another division in the gaming industry - much like PCs and consoles did a while ago, or like handhelds and home consoles. I know many Nintendo fanboys want the Wii to be the PS2 of this generation, and have 100% of the gaming support, whether it is Wii Sports, Crysis, MGS, etc.

The industry is expanding - PCs have its territory with MMOs and FPSs, MS and Sony are trying to fight over their territory, PSP and DS are fighting for the handheld market, and the Wii is forming a new type of interactive entertainment.

The one exception is Japan, where the gaming industry has been saturated for quite a while and the different classes of gaming devices really affect one another. However, in the West, there is quite a bit of room to roam.

Just had to say :Xbox360 owner that hates Halo? NICE TO MEET YOU!

If only there were more of you.. i'm not a microsoft guy myself, and I think the worst turn off is the army of mindless Halo fanboys (most overated game ever btw)... if there were more people like you I'd probably treat more fairly the xbox360 (I mean it's got some good games i guess.. i love how losto dissey looks)

Cool.  Someone is on the same page.  I'm always more keen on PS3, just because most people have different tastes.  I didn't buy the 360 for Halo, but I bought and went through the game and just didn't care for it.  Sold it and almost got my investment.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.