By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination starts in..

It has already started!

Around the Network

Sony Domination began the day Soriku copped out and decided to get a PS3 as well.

Dudes.. keep dreaming.. stop fanboyism..
I love Sony (my PS2 still doesn't get any rest), I don't care for microsoft and i think i never will... I've always had a place in my heart for nintendo, even after some cruel disapointements... but the truth is the truth and fact is fact, Wii has mass appeal, that's what moves millions, mass appeal, it's the same reason coke will always sell more than pepsi, or McDonalds more than Burger King (I'm not saying either is better or worse)
I certainly hoped PS3 won the war, I mean, I'm sure that hardware can produce the most lifelike experience (sixaxis + graphics) but the fact is as simple as this: People don't care. Average Joe doesn't have a HDTV, he doesn't want to spend 600$ in a toy for his son and certainly thinks a motion sensing controller is the biggest invention since pictures went moving (I just keep picturing my dad the first time we played mario kart 64, he really thought, that "all those crazy smurfs really can't drive" and kept wailing the controller like it was a steering wheel)
We are technophiles, most of us been at this for ages (i personaly been a gamer since the days of the Atari) We like what comes out and we like what's new, we like good graphics, we fucking care about the differences in the bump maps in different versions of a game for god's sake!!!
What I'm trying to say is this, we are in no way representative of the average gamer, and as such it's probably hard for us to understand how the less powerful machine outsells the other two but it's actually quite simple... better doesn't sell, hype+price do

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

I still think we should let this play out a little longer. This is different, there will be no failures this race. I still think Sony has a chance to pull off some crazy sales of the PS3.

I see the PS3 possibly just barely pulling ahead of the 360, but both 360 and PS3 will never achieve more than 50% of the market combined by generation's end. The real quesiton now is how and if the Sony brand will recover next generation.

Around the Network

GGE that is the most distracting Sig I have ever seen.

OT: nope...no domination this gen, at least I can't see it. But I'm sure all the nintendo fans will agree that you can still have a fun console with good games even if you aren't the market leader, and long as I have that it's no biggy.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
I see the PS3 possibly just barely pulling ahead of the 360, but both 360 and PS3 will never achieve more than 50% of the market combined by generation's end. The real quesiton now is how and if the Sony brand will recover next generation.

What's there to recover from?

Girl Gamer Elite said:

First of all, less than 50% of the market isn't necessarily bad, it just mean you don't pwn all.  I don't even know if the Wii will accomplish that over it's life.  I think PS3 + 360 will get very close to 50% (maybe more) , but who knows.  IMO PS3 will more than barely pass 360, but time will resolve all things. 

And please, if Nintendo can recover from the mind blowing pwnage dealt to it by Sony over the last ten years, I think Sony will be fine. 

NYANKS said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

First of all, less than 50% of the market isn't necessarily bad, it just mean you don't pwn all.  I don't even know if the Wii will accomplish that over it's life.  I think PS3 + 360 will get very close to 50% (maybe more) , but who knows.  IMO PS3 will more than barely pass 360, but time will resolve all things. 

And please, if Nintendo can recover from the mind blowing pwnage dealt to it by Sony over the last ten years, I think Sony will be fine. 

QFT.

June 12, 2008 (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots release date [and bundle])