By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About console 'fanbase' names...

Dronies, Xbots, and Nintendrones... Is it just me or does it drive anyone else crazy that Nintendo and Sony fanbases have the same root-word for their derogatory names?

Obviously Nintendo have been around longer, but Dronies just seems like the only easy fitting name for Sony's fanbase... so I was thinking we might see what works better for Nintendo's... how would you guys feel about 'Nintendroid' to keep the robotic theme? Or 'Nintendruid' if you want to be clever and accuse us of being old-fashioned?

So which sounds better? - I know this sounds like a joke thread but it genuinely bothers me. I really hope we can refine this without resorting to the lame internet wars that make these names nessecary. Hopefully atleast a few other people are as bugged by it as I am. We're all kinda stuck with each other so if other people with various allignments and levels of fanboyism agree with me on this maybe we can atleast make it more stylish.

Around the Network

A lot of people call Sony fanboys 'ponies'.

I thought it was Sony Ponies?

Regardless, I never use them. I'd feel like a little kid if I did.

sondoomies.xcrocks,nintendolads.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Sony Ponies, PlaySlaves, there's a bunch more than Dronies.

Around the Network
iceland said:
Sony Ponies, PlaySlaves, there's a bunch more than Dronies.

PlaySlaves works! But Ponies just makes me think of MLP... XD

I thought it was "Nintards"?

BasilZero said:

For me the nicknames for each are....

Nintendonerds

Sonyites

Xbots (or recently Xdroids!)

PC Master Race

*Supreme Nintendroid uses laptop as a free secondary console* 

"Puny Master Race."

XD

Why do some call it "Playstation Nation" and "Xbox Nation"? Nation rhymes with station, not box.

- Sonydrones
- Xbots
- Nintenyearolds

It's pretty hard to come up with ones for Sony. It would be better to try something with the word Playstation.