By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac Games Loves “Microsoft & Sony Fans Equally;” Sunset Overdrive and Resistance 3 Share Directors

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

MS likes Sony devs or anyone affiliated with Sony.

What's this about?

I guess I can presume the same thing about Sony for publishing Tequila Works next game and for jumping on Destiny.

LOL The only thing MS has ever come up with that Sony could ever want is an affiliation with bungie. MS has been affiliating themselves with third parties Sony has been working with since 2008. Thats what made the such a visible threat once Namco and Square Enix went multiplat.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Sounds exactly like Bungie saying they love everybody......when reality paints a different picture lol

It's not quite the same now, is it...

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Now this is why i believe SO wont make it to ps4. Has Resistance made it to the xbox? ratchet and clank?
Insomniac isn't a 1st party studio owned by sony. It will pretty much be the same case here and i am looking foward to more gameplay at E3.

It's not the same. SO is owned by Insomniac games not MS. So they can do what ever they want with it.

They've worked with Sony and now they're working with MS, nothing wrong about that.
I do wonder if they'll work with Nintendo one day, I'm sure they'd make great game together.

Resistance 3 is my favorite fps single player campaign ever. Dammit, I might have to buy a Xbone for this.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What's this about?

I guess I can presume the same thing about Sony for publishing Tequila Works next game and for jumping on Destiny.

LOL The only thing MS has ever come up with that Sony could ever want is an affiliation with bungie. MS has been affiliating themselves with third parties Sony has been working with since 2008. Thats what made the such a visible threat once Namco and Square Enix went multiplat.

Actually I hear that sony indeed wants microsofts little book of how to make money.

Stop hating, theyre all good consoles/brands in their own right. I personally have both ps4 and x1 and desperately want a WiiU, your death-to-others-brand-loyalty sucks the soul out of gaming fun.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

S.T.A.G.E. said:
UndauntedWizdom said:
I wonder if Insomniac made the switch because they feel that they'd sell more games on XBOX than PS? Doesn't look like such a great decision now. Then again, I think XBOX exclusives will still sell more than PS4 exclusives. Yes, even with the 2 million console sales lead.

Xbox exclusives sold more last gen because Microsoft split the multiplatform following fanbase Sony had expanded off of the back of Nintendo in the 80's and early 90's. Microsoft didnt expand the audience but they kind of just took them and were amazed by the sales that Sony once enjoyed and now had themselves. 

As for the reason why Insomniac left for MS. Sunset Overdrive is basically the game Insomniac had dreamed of making in their twenty years of working with Sony, but for once they wanted the IP and Sony wanted it. They couldnt agree so MS scooped them up. MS likes Sony devs or anyone affiliated with Sony.

Ok we all get it that MS has a hard on for whatever Sony's interests are. Better Sony then Nintendo. And personally it is good on MS for how they handled Sunset Overdrive, letting them keep the IP.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What's this about?

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about...

I'll just say MS and Sony both want support from established publishers/developers. End of story.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

They already said that a big reason why they went to Microsoft is because the deal made it so that they could keep the IP. Sony probably wanted the IP and I guess Insomniac wanted something of their own.

vivster said:
Keeping their games from being enjoyed by both fan bases is a strange way to show love for them.

There is always the finiance part and the customer part.  Finance comes first because without money nothing gets done.  After that you try to please who you can please because you can never please everyone.