By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac Games Loves “Microsoft & Sony Fans Equally;” Sunset Overdrive and Resistance 3 Share Directors

DeadBigfoot21 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Now this is why i believe SO wont make it to ps4. Has Resistance made it to the xbox? ratchet and clank?
Insomniac isn't a 1st party studio owned by sony. It will pretty much be the same case here and i am looking foward to more gameplay at E3.

It's not the same. SO is owned by Insomniac games not MS. So they can do what ever they want with it.

Sony wanted to own the ip so thats why insomniac didn't go with sony. You really think Microsoft would have payed to publish a game that was going to later release on a diferent platform? I think not. We dont know what type of contract microsoft and insomniac signed. 

We don't know that. How do you know if Insomniac didn't go to other publishers? Does Mass Effect come to mind? because the first one was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and look what happen. So yes, I do think so. You're right we don't know the  type of contract they signed; but do be surprised if this game series(assuming that there will be a sequel) ends up being a multiplat.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Now this is why i believe SO wont make it to ps4. Has Resistance made it to the xbox? ratchet and clank?
Insomniac isn't a 1st party studio owned by sony. It will pretty much be the same case here and i am looking foward to more gameplay at E3.

It's not the same. SO is owned by Insomniac games not MS. So they can do what ever they want with it.

Sony wanted to own the ip so thats why insomniac didn't go with sony. You really think Microsoft would have payed to publish a game that was going to later release on a diferent platform? I think not. We dont know what type of contract microsoft and insomniac signed. 

We don't know that. How do you know if Insomniac didn't go to other publishers? Does Mass Effect come to mind? because the first one was exclusive to the Xbox 360 and look what happen. So yes, I do think so. You're right we don't know the  type of contract they signed; but do be surprised if this game series(assuming that there will be a sequel) ends up being a multiplat.

We all know in the case of Mass effect was that bioware was purchased by EA. Unless Insomniac games gets purchased by a big 3 party publisher (which i doubt) then the chances of staying exclusive are bigger. Insomniac probably did reach to some other publishers but just like sony just wanted to own the ip. Maybe the contract involves the first game to be exclusive or the whole franchise. If there are any sequels/prequels. 

DeadBigfoot21 said:

We all know in the case of Mass effect was that bioware was purchased by EA. Unless Insomniac games gets purchased by a big 3 party publisher (which i doubt) then the chances of staying exclusive are bigger. Insomniac probably did reach to some other publishers but just like sony just wanted to own the ip. Maybe the contract involves the first game to be exclusive or the whole franchise. If there are any sequels/prequels. 

Okay so like Titian Fall then.

DeadBigfoot21 said:

We dont know what type of contract microsoft and insomniac signed. 

Exactly.  But we do know what kind of contract Sony and Insomniac signed.  One that gave Sony the IP rights to Resistance and Ratchet & Clank.

Which is why they haven't come to Microsoft consoles.

Which is why everyone was jumping on your initial comparison, because it was like comparing apples and lemurs. 

well i hope to see sunset overdrive cross platform. i guss after fuse failed EA opted out of publishing SSO.

Around the Network

If Insomniac cares so much about IP ownership then I'd doubt they would sign away lifetime exclusivity for the franchise. It would be the same thing as just MS owning the IP.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I miss Courtney Gears Insomniac... :(

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

bananaking21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Who is this advice for? Insomniac or bitter Sony fans?

If we wanna say Insomniac did it for the money... lets not ignore Sony could have threw money at Sunset Overdrive. But Sony instead opted for Destiny marketing and Watch_Dogs marketing.

are you saying Sony had to either spend money on marketing for Destiny and watch dogs or pay insomniac? 

Yep. That's exactly what I am implying.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

gooch_destroyer said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Okay so like Titian Fall then.

Not the same thing since EA is the publisher and not microsoft.

Fusioncode said:
If Insomniac cares so much about IP ownership then I'd doubt they would sign away lifetime exclusivity for the franchise. It would be the same thing as just MS owning the IP.

THis is just one game. Who said a single game exclusivity deal makes it the entire ip or series exclusive? Part 2 could be multiplat, but this one game certainly can be exclusive to x1 for life. There's a big difference.