By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Outsells Xbox One

Nintendo fans have given up trying to battle the PS4 and have turned their eyes on the WiiU.

The WiiU vs X1 was always going to be a more interesting battle.

Around the Network

Congratulations WiiU!  Great week!

I don't think it will last to long.  Will be interesting to see how things look after next week.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I find it interesting that many think that MS already has 2nd place in the bag. Reminds me a bit of last generation.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

As others have said, there is no competition.

XO >>>>>>

The minute 3rd parties go next gen exclusive (Akham Knight, WItcher, FFXV), its over.

The PS4 has the best version of the multiplatform titles. Just look ay Watch Dogs being a PS4 seller. And the Sony exclusives. The Wii U has the Nintendo exclusives. What does the XB1 have? Halo? Titanfall 1? It didn't help a lot, did it?

Around the Network

for one week, two maybe. then XB1 price cut will happen and it will go back to outselling the WiiU weekly.

SnK0610 said:

I have noticed that many topics here talk about Wii U vs Ps4

A lot of topics are also Xbox one vs ps4.

We seem to forget that at the moment the real console war is between Nintendo and Microsoft.

There is a battle at the moment between Wii U and Xbox One for the sceond place.

It should be very intersting to see who will eventually win and reach that place in the console market.

Just this week Wii U units sold were Triple (!) then the Xbox one.

It might be the start of a momentum.

So what console do you think who will eventually  reach the second place?

Wii U or Xbox One?

Tell me what you think.

It's hard to tell, I must admit that this is rather funny, if Ubi did not delay Watch_Dogs the Wii_U would have been the best selling console this week by a mile! It got the sales boost that many xb1 fans dreamed their favorite machine would get out of Titanfall!

Now just last week, and many weeks before we had threads about MS taking on Sony... for reasons... and before than a discussion about when the xb1 would surpass the total sales of the Wii U! Some people must be very discouraged right now!

My 2 cents, I still think that over time the XB1 will sell more than the Wii U, if MS adjust the price a little more and Nintendo does not release a proper "adult" Zelda game (even I may buy the U for this... I have bought consoles for Zelda/Metroid before)... That may shatter any chances of catching up to the total number of units sold!

This is not something I would have said last week, but now I am convinced that there is a potential marked for the Wii U, Nintendo just need to find it and we may end up with another Game Cube level of sales, which is not so bad after all, consoles that sell 10 - 50 million units or so (original xbox, Dreamcast, N64 I think) tend to have decent libraries, just not as diverse as the market leaders of their time... they are not necessarily failures, just not as succesful as the Sony consoles.

I think it's still far to early in the gen to make any definitive statements. On either side of the fence.

Especially after only seeing one week's worth of MK8 boosts, or how quickly it drops off, or doesn't (personally I'm predicting that this week's Wii U sales will be higher than last week's by a few thousand).

Especially the week BEFORE E3. For all we know every single one of Nintendo's big hitters could be out in the next 6 months, or they could all be delayed to 2016. Microsoft could have bought every single exclusive game under the sun, or they could be planning on spending an hour and a half talking about sports and TV (again).

With that note of caution stated, however, I think the Wii U is going to stay ahead of the Xbox One at least until Christmas now. And probably throughout next year as well.

At this point in time, the Xbox One simply doesn't outsell the Wii U on a weekly basis by a big enough margin to close that gap any time sooner.

Now I could be wrong; Nintendo might flunk E3, the MK8 bump might already be over and the X1 price cut might turn it into a juggernaut. But based on current trends, Nintendo looks to be in 2nd place for the foreseeable future.

Just like I said on a similar thread, let's wait for E3 before we start our predictions

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Even as a BIG Nintendo-Fan I have to say: WiiU will NOT outsell XOne LTD.
The are 4 reasons
1) XOne has - at least by word of mouth - so much better grafics
2) XOne has (automatic) 3rd Party support
3) XOne has Shooters and Action games
4) Almost everyone is trying everywhere to play WiiU down - there can never never ever be a WiiU Game, regardless how great it looks, about which would be said "holy shit, i want that on my XOne/PS4, this looks absolutely brilliant"

This gives XOne such a huge advantage in the western martket.
People always just remembering WiiU has the worst hardware of the three current Generation consoles. So it automatically can have no beautiful games. And ist only colorful games, thats for kinds - real gamer need brown-grey dark-themed weapon-loaded blood-thursty super-realistic cinematic games.

Just look at the US SW Charts, the Top spots.
We have got (except software for Nintendo consoles - and i am skipping very very small unknown games like Mind-Zero on 25, because 10k in the opening week can very goog be considered as unknown and irrelevant)
- Watch Dogs --> Action
- Minecraft --> OK, your Point
- Wolfenstein --> Shooter
- Titanfall --> Shooter
- CoD --> Shooter
- Infamous --> Action
- Forza --> Realistic Racer (half point for you, half for me)
- MLB --> Your Point
- GTA V --> Action
- Assasins Creed --> Action
- Battlefield --> Action
- The Last of Us --> Action
- NBA --> Your Point
So it is 3 (3 1/2) games, which are NOT Action/Shooter.

The majority simply is Action and Shooter, the western gamer (even though it looks a bit better in Europe) does not need anything else. Sometimes a Sports game in the meantime like NBA, MLB, Fifa, PES and thats it.
But otherwise, grafics, realism, Action, Shooter.

WiiU can never never ever hold against it, as it has been dropped by third party developers almost completely from the very beginning.
Even if WiiU would have sold more Units than XOne at the end of 2015!, 3rds would ignore WiiU but keep on supporting XOne!

PS4 will win clearly, as it has - for whatever reason (it can not be games, since the most you can still play on PS360) - so much hype.
XOne will be clear in second, as it will always have 3rd party support and (similar to Sony Systems - so in complete contradiction to Nintendo Systems) 3rds ALWAYS believe in its success and support it until the end to let it become a success.
WiiU will be clear in last place, as it is not taken serious by many of these so called "gamers".