27 Wii Super Smash Bros. X Nintendo
28 3DS Xintiandi lead Harvest Moon Marvelous AQL
29 Wii U NES remix 1 +2 Nintendo
Thirty PS4 Battlefield 4 Electronic Arts
31 Vita Teraria Spike CHUNSOFT
32 3DS (Including version included) New Super Mario Bros. 2 Nintendo
33 3DS Hero bank SEGA
34 Wii U JUST DANCE Wii U Nintendo
35 3DS Kasukabe movie Stars calling the storm Crayon Shin-chan! NAMCO BANDAI Games
36 Vita Prison Hen 3rd Super Robot Wars Z when NAMCO BANDAI Games
37 PSP Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 KONAMI
38 PS4 (Including Limited Edition) Shinsei Eoruzea: Final Fantasy XIV Square Enix
39 3DS (Including Limited Edition) Ace Attorney 123 Naruhodo selection Capcom
Forty PS3 The Last of Us (The Last Of Us) SCE
41 PS3 Battlefield 4 Electronic Arts
42 Vita Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-F 2nd SEGA
43 Wii U Donkey Kong tropical freeze Nintendo
44 3DS 2 Dragon Quest Monsters 
(including version included) key and a mysterious mysterious Luke yl
Square Enix
45 PS3 Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 KONAMI
46 3DS Aikatsu! My princess two NAMCO BANDAI Games
47 Vita Sengoku Musou 4 Tecmo Koei Games
48 Vita (Including Limited Edition) J Stars Victory Versus NAMCO BANDAI Games
49 Vita Soul Sacrifice delta SCE
Fifty PS4 Child of Light Ubisoft

Around the Network

Wow Terraria has some nice legs it seems.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

globalisateur said:
hated_individual said:
If there was not for Infamous Second Son, PlayStation 4 would have tanked even further and Wii U without any major releases tops it by 2K+ which is amazing and it would have been maybe over 4K if Infamous wasnt released on PS4. Sony next will probably bend over, 3DS/Wii U 0721 PSV/PS4... Swallow the pride ...

But Wii U now after one year and a half should be booming in Japan but has zero games in top 20 of media creates and sold only at 9k.

Situation is much more worrying for Wii U than for the young and promising PS4.

irrelevant PS3 + young with no japanese games PS4 = 15K

Theoretically booming Wii U = 9k

That's really how people should compare Sony and Nintendo home consoles in Japan. I am sure MK8 will surely sell lots of Wii U but for how long?

So, people should be combining two Sony console's sales together against just one from Nintendo?

And MK8 isn't the end of the WiiU's advantage in Japan.  Believe me, PS4 is gonna need that help from its older brother regarding sales comparisons once games like Hyrule Warriors, Smash, X, and SMTxFE show up (not to mention other, smaller exclusives like Bayo2 and Fatal Frame).  The PS4 won't be so youthful anymore when it does finally start to gain on the WiiU - probably not until well into next year.

Kresnik said:

Hardware:

Model

Week estimated number of sales May 19

Week Ratio May 19 (%)

2014 estimated number of sales

2014 Ratio (%)

PS4

11.6%

14.6%

PS3

10.7%

9.8%

Vita

20.3%

23.7%

PSP

2.3%

2.6%

Wii U

13.6%

8.6%

3DS

41.3%

40.3%

X360

0.2%

0.3%

Total

100.0%

100.0%

I must be misreading this, and I apologize if I am, but...

What is the "estimated 2014 sales" column for? The numbers are far too low to be for the year to date surely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Kresnik said:

Hardware:

Model

Week estimated number of sales May 19

Week Ratio May 19 (%)

2014 estimated number of sales

2014 Ratio (%)

PS4

11.6%

14.6%

PS3

10.7%

9.8%

Vita

20.3%

23.7%

PSP

2.3%

2.6%

Wii U

13.6%

8.6%

3DS

41.3%

40.3%

X360

0.2%

0.3%

Total

100.0%

100.0%

I must be misreading this, and I apologize if I am, but...

What is the "estimated 2014 sales" column for? The numbers are far too low to be for the year to date surely.

I suppose they start counting on March 1st, which is the beginning of the fiscal year in Japan

Around the Network

April 1st, not March 1st.

archbrix said:

So, people should be combining two Sony console's sales together against just one from Nintendo?

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you added Wii sales to WiiU to do your own comparison (because it wouldn't change the result).

I assume the point he's making is that in the home console space, it's not the end of the world if PS4 doesn't take off immediately because the PS3 still has some (minor) life left in it - at least until 2015 judging by the release schedule.

Whereas the Wii has been dead since before the WiiU launched, pretty much.  And Nintendo have done nothing major to usher in the WiiU as its replacement.

congrats WiiU,a victory is a victory

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

globalisateur said:
hated_individual said:
If there was not for Infamous Second Son, PlayStation 4 would have tanked even further and Wii U without any major releases tops it by 2K+ which is amazing and it would have been maybe over 4K if Infamous wasnt released on PS4. Sony next will probably bend over, 3DS/Wii U 0721 PSV/PS4... Swallow the pride ...

But Wii U now after one year and a half should be booming in Japan but has zero games in top 20 of media creates and sold only at 9k.

Situation is much more worrying for Wii U than for the young and promising PS4.

irrelevant PS3 + young with no japanese games PS4 = 15K

Theoretically booming Wii U = 9k

That's really how people should compare Sony and Nintendo home consoles in Japan. I am sure MK8 will surely sell lots of Wii U but for how long?

there is no Wii U game in Media Crete because they don't count download cards. Look at Famitsu and Dengeki

Click HERE and be happy 

Kresnik said:
archbrix said:

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you added Wii sales to WiiU to do your own comparison (because it wouldn't change the result).

I assume the point he's making is that in the home console space, it's not the end of the world if PS4 doesn't take off immediately because the PS3 still has some (minor) life left in it - at least until 2015 judging by the release schedule.

Whereas the Wii has been dead since before the WiiU launched, pretty much.  And Nintendo have done nothing major to usher in the WiiU as its replacement.

Oh, I get that, and I agree with you.  

But in his post he basically says that things are looking worse in Japan for WiiU than specifically the PS4 by insinuating that after MK8 sales die down, PS4 will somehow have an advantage.  While it's certainly possible that the PS4 will eventually beat WiiU in Japan, there are still several things that will keep it at bay for quite a while in that region.