By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U console is selling out! We had six units at my Walmart- All gone in a few days!

Alright, we'll certainly see VGChartz add 6 additional sales based on this news.

MK8 is obviously going to create a sales boost. I'm sure we'll even see its impact during the holidays.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Uabit said:
I think with mario kart will happen de same as with Titanfall: First week Wii U will be on 1st position of the sales list but from second week and forward it will be outsold again by the PS4. (Maybe the X1 needs a few weeks to be back on top of Wii U)

I remember being the PS3 owner at this time last gen and being on the opposite side of this argument. I remember Lair, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Haze, etc. wee all supposed to be system sellers. It's like that now with every AAA release for XBOX One and WiiU.

awww TELL THEM TO STOCK MORE"!!!! and then it would sell good. :)

as in.....in the 20s or 50s depends how big the store is.

Can we get an update on how many PS4's sold in the same time frame, especially with Watch Dogs out? 3-4x?

WiiU winning current gen confirmed

M. Bison YES YES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Glad to see that you changed your opinion on MK8, Spurge!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Selling 2 consoles per day at a walmart is good?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's underway...

Well, the biggest IP of the console's lifetime IS releasing this week, so I figure it'll push some units. We all can figure that this is only temporary, probably for 2 or 3 weeks at best, before the system's sales go down again.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Well, the biggest IP of the console's lifetime IS releasing this week, so I figure it'll push some units. We all can figure that this is only temporary, probably for 2 or 3 weeks at best, before the system's sales go down again.

I suspect it will last atleast as long as the Titanfall boom for Xbox One (and 360, premarily in Japan) will have. Presumably longer due to number of factors but I don't want to sound crazy. Plus the knock on effect of people getting free games, especially Pikmin, Wind-Waker, and New Super Mario Bros U, is likely to make their friends want the ones they don't get which will help keep people talking about the Wii-U in their friend circles.