By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you like your console maker of choice? (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)

Gnac said:

I got £3 each for trading in those games, so I'm not alone in my (incorrigible) opinion.

You did WHAT?!

YOU'RE A MONSTER!

Around the Network

Sony continues to innovate and take risk, while ninty keeps handing great games with legends past providing different way to play.

Nintendo because their stuff contrasts with the games I can already play on PC. They exist in a bubble unconcerned with the type of games other companies make and that's great because I love the games Nintendo makes.

I wish they got third party support. Moderate third party support and I'd never have to want another console or bother gaming on PC.

Most of what Nintendo lacks I'm not fussed about. I've been through my online gaming phase. I played online shooters to death 10-15 years ago with unreal tournament, counterstrike and others. I played mmo's, largely with Wow and eq2, and am sick of them or any game that involves grinding levels.
I don't give a crap about achievement systems. If a game rewards me for doing something that's great. Or if there's a top score to beat. But a trophy doesn't mean crap to me.

Nintendo, because they're one of the few remaining companies who have studios which know how to keep their franchises fresh feeling while maintaining fairly consistent high quality (Super Mario dev team, I'm looking at you!). This is a bit of a dying art in the console gaming industry.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nintendo, because the games are excellent, and there is a focus on local multiplayer which suits us right now.

Around the Network

Sony is most complete with every aspect and always support their console for the entire generation. The DS is the best controller for me too. They always engineer the console well, always make new franchises with a good game in every genre and their games are always good quality.

I went with Microsoft this gen because the xb1 had better launch exclusives and didnt feel like a console with better specs. Microsoft tried to innovate and give the fans a whole new experience, while sony made a more powerful ps3.

Sony, support their hardware alot longer than the competition.
Huge variety in games.
Would rather fund real exclusives than timed or dlc exclusives.
Easy to use and reliable hardware.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Because Uncharted and Zelda.

Sony:

- Always has the strongest hardware out of the 3
- Has varied games from artsy platformers to shooters.
- Listens to fans

Nintendo:

- IPs
- Creativity
- Set many trends.