By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Is Brazil the most insecure country in the world? Judgind by these two days I would say so, in just two days Croatia and Mexico have been robbed and Spain, raped

LOL

It's good to see many of you guys wanting Mexico to win ;)

Around the Network

I'm still speechless about Spain . No one could've possibly seen that coming, well no one except Robben lol.

Tomorrow's matches:

Colombia 2 x 0 Greece
Ivory Coast 2 x 1 Japan
Uruguay 4 x 0 Costa Rica
England 0 x 1 Italy

Scisca said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Youre the only person in the planet who saw penalty in that a defender slidding 5 meters away from you and you stepping on the guy pretty much on purpose does not make it a penalty, thats just ridiculous. He did not hit Costa, by your logic if I see a sliding defender I should proceed to step on him cause them its a foul. Anyway it didnt matter Spain got slaughtered by a much better Netherland side, Spain is an aged team playing on an old system, they need to adapt quick or they might not even make it trought to the next round.

I know he could have continued the attack, but the point is - he didn't have to. He was fouled. And I'm not the only one, our media saw this as a penalty as well and didn't consider it a controversy for one moment. The defender messed up, he gave the striker an opportunity to trip over him and gave the ref the right to call the penalty.

Most people don't even know the rules, so I don't care what the majority thinks. If that was 5 meters away from you, then no wonder you didn't see that foul. He didn't hit him, but he was sliding in the space where his feet were and made him step on him. All this with missing the ball completely. That's a foul, these are the rules - that's why a sliding tackle is so dangerous for the defender, especially in the box.

I'm not saying it was fair or in accordance with the spirit of the game - I'm not judging that. But it was a foul according to the rules. The striker doesn't have to carry on just because he has a chance, especially if he got thrown off balance.

nah bro,

if you only see it from one side that might look like that to you, but fact is Costa moved his left foot waaaaay to the left after he already secured the ball to deliberately hit the sliding defender (who was waaay to the left of him) (look at the top gif http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6414449 )

that's a dive and a mighty well performed one, I'll give you that

your "people don't know the rules blablabla" stuff is misplaced here though

Colombia - Greece 0:0

Ivory Coast - Japan 0:0

URGuay - CostaRica 3:0

England - Italy 0:0

This will be a very boring day, only Uruguay is a decent team, and that will be a blowout. 

One game I'll surely miss is England - Italy. If only there was a way they both can lose. Unfortunately, one of them will go through to the 2nd round.

So little faith for England. Probably right, but being British you've gotta "go" for them I suppose.

Greece 1 0 Colombia
Uruguay 2 0 Costa Rica
England 1 0 Italy
Ivory Coast 1 2 Japan

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Colombia - Greece 2:0
Ivory Coast - Japan 1:2
Uruguay - Costa Rica 3:1
England - Italy 1:1

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Wow to Holland. Wow. You played amazing.

haha.

Im gonna be amazingly optimistic and say England 3 - 0 Italy.

GO ON ENGLAND

Another day, another prediction.

Colombia 1-1 Greece
Uruguay 2-0 Costa Rica
England 0-2 Italy
Côte d'Ivoire 1-2 Japan

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Going through the thread, it's so funny looking at all those Spain vs Netherlands predictions now!

Yesterday was unbelievable.