By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

With a bit of bad luck Chili could kick out Spain Wednesday. Imagine that. World Champion, 2x European Champion, #1 of the World and they could go out in 2 matches.....

Around the Network
Proclus said:
Don't get me wrong k-tay, I love the fact we're in the world cup, but that was a bungled second half, they should've scored.

We would have scored but the Chilean GK made an amazing save on Bresciano's shot. Probably a game winning save right there.

Also props to Cahill, scored every time he's gone to the World Cup.

RolStoppable said:
This was pretty much the unimpressive showing that I expected. I don't know what game you guys watched, but anybody who thinks that Chile is tough competition in that form is mistaken. If Australia didn't have such obvious deficits in talent and skill, then Chile would not have won. It's also troubling for them that an 1.80m guy can easily expose their defense in the air.

To be fair Tim Cahill is/was one of the best headers in the game

Tomorrow's predictions:

Greece 1 2 Colombia
Uruguay 3 0 Costa Rica
England 1 2 Italy
Ivory Coast 2 3 Japan

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DakonBlackblade said:
Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:
Wow lots of bitching about the game. Let's bitch about something else instead.
How do we like goal line tech and the free kick spray stuff?
Also Australia, somebody please tell me we at least have some kind of chance against Chile?

Goal line tech is good but should have been there years ago. I think the free kick spray is a really great idea as well, also could have been done years ago though.

Australia do have a chance. They have a decent team and Chile isn't that great. I'd say Chile are only slight favourites and it could go either way.

The spray has been done ages ago on Brazil, its a Brazilian invention and FIFA took forever to allow it on international competitions cause they said it took to long to vanish wich is a lie it vanishes in 30 seconds top.

Also the reffing is doing super well in this World Cup uhn ? Chile x Australia was the first game the ref didnt screw with the score. And go Netherlands huahuha.

Tomorrow games predictions:

Grecia 1 x 1 Colombia

Uruguay 3 x 0 Costa Rica

England 1 x 2 Italy

Ivory Coast 3 x 2 Japan

Really? I thought the spray was invented in Mexico, it's been used here for a couple of years now :p

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Soma said:

Really? I thought the spray was invented in Mexico, it's been used here for a couple of years now :p

Its been used in here Brazil since early 2000s, the story I heard is that it is a Brazilian invention Im gona try to research this a bit better tough.

Edit: Okay so I researched and it turns out were both wrong, it was first invented in England on the 80s but never got a comercial release and them in 2002 an Argentinian company made an improved version that started beeing used by some footbal federations (Brazil included and Mexico too I supose).

posted tis in the wrong thred

about spa ned for the first 40 minutes big deja vu, after that bursting with happyness

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Tomorrow's predictions:

Colombia 2x1 Greece
Ivory Coast 2x1 Japan
Uruguay 3x0 Costa Rica
England 2x2 Italy

Todays points are all updated

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6413748

I may or may not do a total points thing. Im not sure if I have the patience for it at 25 to 2 in the morning.

DakonBlackblade said:
Soma said:

Its been used in here Brazil since early 2000s, the story I heard is that it is a Brazilian invention Im gona try to research this a bit better tough.

Edit: Okay so I researched and it turns out were both wrong, it was first invented in England on the 80s but never got a comercial release and them in 2002 an Argentinian company made an improved version that started beeing used by some footbal federations (Brazil included and Mexico too I supose).

interesting stuff, thanks!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069