By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

I have a feeling that my England Italy prediction will be wrong...but, well, not saying England will win would just be un-British really!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
I have a feeling that my England Italy prediction will be wrong...but, well, not saying England will win would just be un-British really!

Should be a good game either way, you going to watch it?

Yup! Gonna head down to the pub probably to watch it. Get the atmosphere (read: disappointment) first hand.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Don't forget they also founded Athletic Bilbao, the greatest team in the world!!!

Some pretty amazing games today as well, with England vs Italy the top feature. It's gonna be a great match and I'm edging more for an England win.

Also, i'm rooting for Colombia in this WC too, so I hope they go through to the final rounds as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Colombia 3-1 Greece
Uruguay 2-0 Costa Rica
England 0-1 Italy
I. Coast 0-1 Japan

Around the Network

A Dutch shoe store had a promotion yesterday were they would have a €10 discount for each goal we would score on every pair of shoes today. Well, that went well didn't it?

Greece 1 - 1 Columbia
Uruguay 3 - 0 Costa Rica
Italy 2 - 0 England
Ivory Coast 2 - 1 Japan

kowenicki said:
posts gazillion post glorifying england

gets real and expects a loss.

this page made my day aside from the 1-5

anyway my predictions from earlier for today, no changes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

My predictions:

Colombia 2-1 Greece
Uruguai - 4-0 Costa Rica
Italy 2-1 England
Ivory Coast 2-2 Japan

Man, it sucks that the better games ( Italy vs England and Spain vs Holland) are happening so far north from my city.     Manaus where Italy and England are going to play is more than 2000 miles from my home.

zumnupy10 said:

Manaus where Italy and England are going to play is more than 2000 miles from my home.

Croatia plays game 2 in Manaus, I think. It is the best known city in the entire Brazil (beside Rio, of course), mostly because of the (2nd) best comic book ever created, Mister NO: