By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

LurkerJ said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

37 Goals. 20 assists. Scored in a clasico, Scored in both Sevilla games, Scored in the PSG comeback when he needed to, Scored in both Semi Final legs against Atletico Madrid. As 1 part of a 3 part partnership. I'd say it was anything but mediocre. 

Ok. I just seem to remember him being bad for some reason, a brain fart I guess. I still think Barca need to sign players for every line if they hope to remain competitive next season.

You're right there.

Their midfield is dead. 
Their fullback areas are dead. 
They have a decent CB (Pique) and a great one (Umtiti) 

And their attack is great on their on the ball. But to transition from their defence to midfield, winning the battle in midfield and getting the ball to their attackers is the main problem, everything after that point is fine. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Brazil is now #1 on the FIFA World Ranking.
Switzerland #4
Poland #5
The Netherlands #36 (worst ever)

lol, just lol.

Confirmed: Dortmund have rejected an offer from Barcelona for Dembélé
http://bvb.ir-portal.de/cgi-bin/show.ssp?companyName=borussia_mobile&language=German&id=2010&newsID=1641441&companyDirectoryName=borussia

poklane said:
http://bvb.ir-portal.de/cgi-bin/show.ssp?companyName=borussia_mobile&language=German&id=2010&newsID=1641441&companyDirectoryName=borussia

lol. Barca is in trouble. Who's gonna sell them at reasonable prices? 

poklane said:

He skipped training today against the club's permission. Looks like he's gonna try force through a move. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Barozi said:
Brazil is now #1 on the FIFA World Ranking.
Switzerland #4
Poland #5
The Netherlands #36 (worst ever)

lol, just lol.

I guess the other ones are weird af, but I wouldn't say much about Brazil being #1, given that I actually think they're gonna win that tourney next year.

But the ranking is not about future years but the past 4 years.

Brazil:
2014 - World Cup 4th place
2015 - Copa America Quarter Final
2016 - Copa America Group Stage
          - Olympic Games Winner

1st place WC 2018 qualifier (currently)

vs.

Germany:
2014 - World Cup Winner
2016 - Euros Semi Finals
          - Olympic Games Runner Up
2017 - Confederations Cup Winner

1st place Euro 2016 qualifier

The joke is that Germany just won the Confederations Cup one month ago, got #1 and now they are back to #2, while Brazil didn't play a match since June.
Also in the mean time, Argentina made it to 3 finals and Chile won 2 Copa Americas.

So Tottenham's first signing my be our 3rd/4th string keeper. Who was out on loan last season. Poch knows him and they need a spare, simple enough.

Danny Rose apparently though is getting frustrated, not only because he's not on as much as Kyle Walker (his mate) but because he claimed to be annoyed at them not signing players and the one they might , he had to Google.

Not only saying this publicly is a huge disrespect to the player but if you want to have a cry and moan about your wages, speak to the manager/board. He's also been moaning about eh wage structure, this close the to start of the season? bit questionable, is he looking for a move? and to where? He's at his level.

Hmm, pie.

Iran will probably get suspended in the coming days, and with the World Cup coming up in 10 months it could see them being banned from it (they've already qualified). Government interference with any country's football association is forbidden, and the Iran government just banned 2 players from the national team because they played against an Israeli team.

Barozi said:
mZuzek said:

I guess the other ones are weird af, but I wouldn't say much about Brazil being #1, given that I actually think they're gonna win that tourney next year.

But the ranking is not about future years but the past 4 years.

Brazil:
2014 - World Cup 4th place
2015 - Copa America Quarter Final
2016 - Copa America Group Stage
          - Olympic Games Winner

vs.

Germany:
2014 - World Cup Winner
2016 - Euros Semi Finals
          - Olympic Games Runner Up
2017 - Confederations Cup Winner

1st place Euro 2016 qualifier

The joke is that Germany just won the Confederations Cup one month ago, got #1 and now they are back to #2, while Brazil didn't play a match since June.
Also in the mean time, Argentina made it to 3 finals and Chile won 2 Copa Americas.

It's because it doesn't count them equaly. Germany's WC gives them less points each month that passes, same for Chile's Copas (Both were counted as ties anyway), Brazil points are more recent (Except for the confed cup, which I guess doesn't give that many points since neither of the finalist got a better ranking).

I might be wrong but at least that's what our local media says about us loosing spots despite confed final and both copas 

not particularly excited about the new PL season right now. hopefully that will change tomorrow, but i'm kind of indifferent as it stands.

think it's partly because it looks like the PL will lose more big players than gain until the end of the transfer window