By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
Tottenham absolutely destroyed arsenal's season there.

Ronaldo proving again yesterday why he's thr best player in the world.

He legally changed his name to Lionel Messi?

That seems like a strange way to try and be the best... but I guess if you can't beat him... become him?

there are tons of people better than ronaldo. 

Around the Network

C.Ronaldo is one of the all time best attacking players. But I'd still rate Messi over him. Neither are my personal favorites though.

Atletico didn't play well yesterday. Can't see them going to finals.

I'd happily say Ronaldo is the best all round player in the world at the moment.

... I choose my words carefully.

Hmm, pie.

UEFA will hold a trial for a slightly different setup for penalty shoot-outs at the UEFA Under-17 finals and UEFA Women's Under-17 finals: https://www.uefa.com/under17/news/newsid=2463576.html?rss=2463576+Penalty+shoot-out+trial+at+UEFA+final+tournaments
Instead of teams alternating 1 penalty at a time the 1st team will take 1 penalty, the 2nd team will then take 2 penalties, then the 1st team will take 2 penalties, then the 2nd team will take 2 penalties and so on.
They're doing this because the IFAB has growing evidence that the team which takes the 1st penalty in every pair has an advantage.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing this become a new rule.

Atletico looked so damn clueless last night, they pretty much have no chance of reaching the final.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Kerotan said:
Tottenham absolutely destroyed arsenal's season there.

Ronaldo proving again yesterday why he's thr best player in the world.

you have to be kidding? 

Nope.  I think Ronaldo is a better player then Ronaldo.  He's got a higher goal to game ratio in La liga too over all seasons. 

BTW by best in the world I mean best right now playing.  Not all time.  Although I believe him and Messi both are top 5 all time. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Don't really see the need for a penalty shoot out change. Especially not something as small as that.

Doubt there's any real advantage either. It's probably a case of them saying "oh look, 51% of teams that go first win, there's obviously an advantage there!"

What about when teams pick a goal next to their fans after the coin toss? Surely having 20 thousand fans cheering or jeering will influence you as well. 

They might as well move the goal to the middle of the pitch.

Hmm, pie.

That was gorgeus.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
That was gorgeus.

One of the best team goals you'll ever see.

Ka-pi96 said:
Welp, Chelsea like even more likely to be champions now that Tottenham have messed up.

Even more likely?League was finished a long time ago,Totterinham just made it interesting for a while.