By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

so glad I didn't give up on this game at half time

please hold on Swansea

Around the Network

Yes Liverpool lose.Time to go 10 points clear tomorrow.

Anyone else here who saw Verratti's yellow card? That actually was some great refereeing, I doubt even 5% of football fans know about that rule.

RolStoppable said:
poklane said:
Anyone else here who saw Verratti's yellow card? That actually was some great refereeing, I doubt even 5% of football fans know about that rule.

Do tell.

He passed the ball back to his own goalkeeper using his head, but he first controlled it with his foot

This is a part of Law 12 of the official rules:

"Cautions for unsporting behaviour
There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player: uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law, irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect free kick."

Page 126: www.fifa.com/mm/Document/FootballDevelopment/Refereeing/02/36/01/11/LawsofthegamewebEN_Neutral.pdf

Wow some awful refereeing and Burnley got robbed but I take those 3 points. Also Elneny --> Xhaka.

Around the Network

Holy shit http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-mason-suffers-fractured-skull-9674938

poklane said:

He passed the ball back to his own goalkeeper using his head, but he first controlled it with his foot

What's odd from the clip is that the keeper doesn't seem under pressure so why would he pick it up? (did he?) So passing it back in such a manner seems pointless. Just pass it to him and he kicks it out. Right?

Finally a win for Saints in the prem, too long.

And congrats Rooney, good goal for his record.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
poklane said:

What's odd from the clip is that the keeper doesn't seem under pressure so why would he pick it up? (did he?) So passing it back in such a manner seems pointless. Just pass it to him and he kicks it out. Right?

Finally a win for Saints in the prem, too long.

And congrats Rooney, good goal for his record.

yeah I've seen other camera angles and none of the players were under pressure. Referee was 100% spot on.
Also saw lots of comments trying to defend Verratti by saying its a stupid rule, but at the same time those people don't seem to get that this whole scene was unnecessary and stupid, as his team gained nothing.

Barozi said:

yeah I've seen other camera angles and none of the players were under pressure. Referee was 100% spot on.
Also saw lots of comments trying to defend Verratti by saying its a stupid rule, but at the same time those people don't seem to get that this whole scene was unnecessary and stupid, as his team gained nothing.

It's not different in a way to diving, it's cheating because he is trying to get around the rules to gain an advantage even if it's a pseudo-advantage in this case.

Hmm, pie.

Take that Liverpool, you ain't so great... i mean you bought most of our players so if anything you just as good as we were.

Look forward to our first final in 7 years.... 3rd in like 25-30.

Hmm, pie.