By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

celador said:
Juventus new crest :/

This shit is so bad I honestly can't tell if they're taking the piss or not. If it's real I'll assume the decision will be reversed before the week is over.

Around the Network

Van Gaal has retired

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/16/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-retire

celador said:

2 Years, they'll change it back... idiots.

poklane said:

He had a great keeper and just because he didn't play 'exactly' like he wanted him to play he gets rid for a sub par keeper who has no idea how the premier league works. Yet he could have just trained Hart to add that style to his arsenal. 

Well, so far, all Pep is showing us it that he's really not that good of a manager and it's the teams that helped him achieve success.

Hmm, pie.

Just read the headlines"Confirmed: Arsenal star agrees new contract!"

Clicked the link with a smile on my face...

Per Mertesacker 😐

Whoo!

Around the Network

I kind a understand why players who reject a national team call aren't allowed to play for their club. Otherwise clubs could pay or pressure players not to play for national teams and those tourneys would be ruined.

The Fury said:
celador said:

2 Years, they'll change it back... idiots.

poklane said:

He had a great keeper and just because he didn't play 'exactly' like he wanted him to play he gets rid for a sub par keeper who has no idea how the premier league works. Yet he could have just trained Hart to add that style to his arsenal. 

Well, so far, all Pep is showing us it that he's really not that good of a manager and it's the teams that helped him achieve success.

To be fair, Bravo came with bigger performances than Hart even if Pep wanted the change because of playstyle. Haven't seen him this bad in a long time though, defense doesn't help either. 

Bravo was easily among the top 5 goal keepers in the world when Pep signed him. You couldn't compare Bravo to Hart. If I had to let one go, it would've been Hart, no questions and no regrets.

Some players stop being great or have a bad year the moment you sign them, that's a reality you are faced with as a manager. You are always placing bets.

I don't think Hart regrets it either, paid Man City wages, living the life in Italy. :P

Don't get me wrong, Bravo may be a great keeper but not suited to the Premier League (yet). Look at Di Maria, superb before he came to Man U then well, did very little for one season, he found it hard in the prem and has done better when going back to Europe. I just feel it would have been better if Pep spent time making Hart the player he wants instead of buying a player he wants, as Hart had the experience he needed already.

And Pastro, you are right on the defence, Stones has yet to live up to the money they spent on him but he's young and his time will come, but Kompany was such a stable for years, it's hard to just replace someone like that and expect things to work out.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

I don't think Hart regrets it either, paid Man City wages, living the life in Italy. :P

Don't get me wrong, Bravo may be a great keeper but not suited to the Premier League (yet). Look at Di Maria, superb before he came to Man U then well, did very little for one season, he found it hard in the prem and has done better when going back to Europe. I just feel it would have been better if Pep spent time making Hart the player he wants instead of buying a player he wants, as Hart had the experience he needed already.

And Pastro, you are right on the defence, Stones has yet to live up to the money they spent on him but he's young and his time will come, but Kompany was such a stable for years, it's hard to just replace someone like that and expect things to work out.

I am confident that Pep can make this work eventually and from what I know about Bravo that he can lift his level. But I guess this season will be hard(possibly they won't win anything) and I'm not sure if fans and the owners are willing to wait.

I thought about this today since they were analyzing the goals on tv. Big mistakes when starting plays and ball loses on dangerous places, added to poor reaction by the keeper. Pep's teams have been more compact in the middle and it looked like he was making it that way in the start of the season but lost it in some point.