LipeJJ said:
pastro243 said:
CHAMPIONS AGAIN! COLD MESSI!!

I told you guys had this on lock!

Congrats! And prepare the memes!

Thanks! Just came back from celebrating

Here are some memes I found on national websites

Around the Network

Seriously, I feel bad about Messi not winning anything with Argentina but him quitting seems like an exageration. Well, I guess no one can force him to stay to have these bad moments

It's amazing to think that chile won their only two cups in their history by penalties. In Copa America we still hold 20 victories and 7 draws against them now.

Chile knew they weren't going to win this in the 120 minutes. They where smarter than us and played with our desperation.

At least I can have the consolation that we actually win stuff at club level? I should be glad I was able to see my club tem win the libertadores at least...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Messi will probably return for the 2018 WC....... and  lose to Germany again in the final.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Messi will probably return for the 2018 WC....... and  lose to Germany again in the final.

If Argentina goes to the 2018 WC it's going to take it to the next level. We are getting to the finals... and losing against netherlands

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
AZWification said:

If Argentina goes to the 2018 WC it's going to take it to the next level. We are getting to the finals... and losing against netherlands

Losing against a team that might not even make it to the WC is definitely taking it to the next level.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

mZuzek said:
Goatseye said:

He missed a penalty kick, which is like a lottery.

He did what he could and played very well as a attacking midfielder, he assisted and created opportunities. Chile is a beast of a team.

He didn't play well at all, though.

He was trying WAY too hard to decide the match all the time. Everytime the ball came to him, he was surrounded by Chile defenders and was desperate to try and get past them all and then score. Sure, he never had a good chance to score, but on the half-chances he had he was awful.

And penalties are no lottery. Having a penalty saved by the goalkeeper? Fine. But sending it straight into the stands, that's embarassing and definitely his responsibility.

What is the difference between having a penalty saved and missing the goal? Nothing, they're both failed strike. There's nothing more to add. A good penalty is the one scored not close to the post/bar or whatever.

Ofcourse he was trying too hard to decide the match, Di Maria was absent and Argentina had 3 defensive midfielders who can't build up plays. How many chances he had to score?

Messi's greatest weakness is penalties. Whoever chose to let him start instead of Aguero is an idiot.

Congrats to Claudio Bravo, he did a marvelous job during and after the match. Messi's growing legacy will not be cheapened or chipped at by the loss.

As I said in an earlier thread, glad he is retired, I don't believe he is, but I am glad either way. The Portuguese journalism were never as harsh with CR like the Argentinians are with Messi.

Go Italy!

If I didn't hate Italy so much I would love them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nice Italy, 1-0. They opened this game optimistically, now they're rewarded.