By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Well, there it was again, third lost in a row for Chile

I think we put most attention on Messi not playing or how to nullify him when he plays and Di Maria seems to me way more dangerous to us. I actually think that if he hadn't gone injured in the final last year, Argentina would have won it.

Anyway, the way players went outside the pitch laughting together and making jokes shows how this cup has a "Friendly" nature compared to the real one

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
mZuzek said:

I guess we can agree that was a bit of an overstatement.

But yeah, it is stupid. I'd be down for a proper Copa America with the entire continent and qualification and stuff, but hosting it on the USA every time is ridiculous.

Maybe, there are some really small countries that just wouldn't even enter in the competition to hold an event like that, but from almost the whole South America and also Mexico, would be way more suitable places.
Canada has even less tradition than them do and also would be able to hold the event if they wanted to, so yeah, it was an overstatement.

I don't think anyone wants it to be solely in the US, but I do think it's a overall positive move to integraete CONCACAF into it. Only way we'll get something that can rival the Euros.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

mZuzek said:
BraLoD said:
Argentina vs Chile has to be the best american match nowdays, liking it so far.
Anfebious is cool but go Chile! XD

Oh ok so I'm not cool.

You'll never be as cool as me, sorry pal.

Important victory for Argentina today, this basically gave us a good chance at getting the first spot of the group. If that's the case we are going against Uruguay (probably). I rather play Uruguay (without Suarez) than Mexico.

Sadly, with the way the rest is playing I am getting mentally prepared for a final match against Mexico... I just hope we can win this time, It would be a major pain in the ass if we gave them their first Copa America...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Umm, Nikkom, what about the Euro predictions?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Umm, Nikkom, what about the Euro predictions?

We should just predict the winner of the Eurocup!

The fact that we have third places going to the next round makes it too complicated. Or we could just predict from the quarter finals onwards.

Anyway I'm betting for England this time! Just like Chile last year, England will finally be able to throw away their V card!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

The president of the uruguayan federation declared the cup is fixed for México...

pastro243 said:
The president of the uruguayan federation declared the cup is fixed for México...

They also said the last cup was fixed for Chile! 

Anfebious said:
pastro243 said:

It's like they say it each time they lose 

pastro243 said:
Anfebious said:

It's like they say it each time they lose 

Yup, they became a bunch of crybabies

Is there an official thread for the Euro 2016 yet? I can't wait until this tournament starts. So cool with 24 European teams.