By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
Poor Jamaica. I wanted to see the Reggae Boyz pick up some points and Venezuela were probably the easiest team in their group

The CONCACAF teams are getting the short end of every single call it seems. Mexico seems to be the only lucky ones so far, but they're in the best form out of anyone in the tournament.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Now Copa America 2015 final all over again

Chile vs Argentina

Looking forward to the Euros, will be good to have football on TV again. Don't care about england but I like watching all the football. :)

On Saints, Everton might steal our manager but from rumours, I hear AvB and Emery could be up for the job. Wouldn't complain over either.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:

hmm, still don't understand why Koeman would want to take a step down like that, but at least those would be good replacements.

You have to remember a few things, we have only been in the prem for a few seasons after being out of it for a few seaons and before that only surviving relegation in the prem for 15 years. We've done well recently with good board direction, management and money (owned by a rich person now). Everton are a 'bigger club' even if they are not in Europe at this time. Long term, they are bigger, plus they will pay more. 

Hmm, pie.

I read in national press that copa América would be with conmebol and concacaf from now on, the problem is that they plan on making it in USA every edition

I have no problem with including concacaf, but to make it in USA each edition feels like they are stealing football from our countries

Around the Network

Brasil fucking sucks man.

pastro243 said:

Chile vs Argentina

I predict an Argentina Victory. We always get the results when they matter the least. In the final matches we get scared and lose like little bitches!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
pastro243 said:

Chile vs Argentina

I predict an Argentina Victory. We always get the results when they matter the least. In the final matches we get scared and lose like little bitches!

I agree. And also if the rumors about messi not playing are true I predict Chile will have the better chances... but still lose somehow. We are the Arsenal of conmebol :(

leyendax69 said:
Anfebious said:

I agree. And also if the rumors about messi not playing are true I predict Chile will have the better chances... but still lose somehow. We are the Arsenal of conmebol :(

Hey at least you guys where able to obtain the cup for once. Arsenal was close but they never got the important one

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

leyendax69 said:

Hey at least you guys where able to obtain the cup for once. Arsenal was close but they never got the important one

Yeah, was about time. After like 5 times being runner up... but I was more referring to the fact that we can't score anymore xD