By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you have 360 and ps3 do achievements make you choose the 360 version?

does anybody know why i cant play capcom vs snk 2 on my 360 but I can play guilty gear x .....kind of odd isnt it also I used to have a ps2 controller adapter for my cube and xbox does anybody know if they make an adapter for the 360? For some reason i cant learn to play with the 360 controller as well as the ps especially for fighting games

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

35000 gs here but ya multiplatform games I play on 360! the highest guy has 240000 plus gamerscore theres a couple dudes neck and neck!

the only cheap thing is if you beat enhanted arms the english version you can put the japanese and european version in your 360 and get an instant 1000 gs

the top guys do this sort of thing!

brainteeth said:
does anybody know why i cant play capcom vs snk 2 on my 360 but I can play guilty gear x .....kind of odd isnt it also I used to have a ps2 controller adapter for my cube and xbox does anybody know if they make an adapter for the 360? For some reason i cant learn to play with the 360 controller as well as the ps especially for fighting games

1. You can't play Capcom vs. SNK 2 because Microsoft hasn't added it to their backwards compatible games list yet. You can play Guilty Gear X2 #Reload because it was added a few months back. Great taste in fighting games by the way. Here is the list: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

2. I don't know about an adapter, since most 360 controllers are wirless, you'll have to ask someone else about it. The 360 pad, along with the PS3 and Wii are shoddy at best for 2D fighters. What you want is the Hori Fighting Stick for 360. It gives you the genuine arcade experience, because it gives you a stick instead of a horribly designed D-Pad like the 360 controller posesses.  

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

X360 has good RPG's they include: Fable 2 and Mass Effect 2 and 3 (soon to be released), Mass Effect, Oblivion, Blue Dragon, Lost Odysey, Eternal Sonata, Final Fantasy XII and I bet FF13 will appear on X360 later on. I bet a week's ban that Final Fantasy 13 is only a timed exclusive for PS3 it will be ported to the X360. Does anyone on here get other people to get achievements for them? Some of the achievements take a long time to get. Paying someone to rack up a score in your name would be an excellent idea, lol

Onyxmeth said:
brainteeth said:

1. You can't play Capcom vs. SNK 2 because Microsoft hasn't added it to their backwards compatible games list yet. You can play Guilty Gear X2 #Reload because it was added a few months back. Great taste in fighting games by the way. Here is the list: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

2. I don't know about an adapter, since most 360 controllers are wirless, you'll have to ask someone else about it. The 360 pad, along with the PS3 and Wii are shoddy at best for 2D fighters. What you want is the Hori Fighting Stick for 360. It gives you the genuine arcade experience, because it gives you a stick instead of a horribly designed D-Pad like the 360 controller posesses.  

Ya what he said!

Around the Network

(Ignore this, the picture didn't show)

Edit: Hey, it works now 

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Onyxmeth said:
brainteeth said:

I think the playstation d-pad is the worst of all of them. I'm not sure if they changed anything for the PS3 controller, but on my PS1 and PS2 controllers I really hate the d-pad. My favorite normal controller of all time for fighting games (especially 2d ones) is the revised Sega Saturn controller.(i.e.smaller japanese version) That was great and it was great too because the Saturn had the best 2d fighting games at the time (ps1 versions sucked compared to the Saturn ports of 2d fighting games)

On topic: I'd buy the 360 versions of the games, if I had a choice. Achievements are nice, but they are just a bonus.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Inspired and Smart achievements can change the whole gaming experience. I don't care about gamerscore. That's silly, but smart achievements make a game last longer. There are achievements that say "congratulations, you finished level 2!" Thats si;;y. But ach. which change the way that you play the game, are brilliant.

And I am proud of my Veteran Achievements in Call of Duty (2, 3, 4) for example. When i play a XBOX game now and then, i feel really strange. I have nothing to keep but my savegames. It' s not normal, I know, but i can't help feeling that way!

I think its a good thing that Microsoft added, its great to show how far you got into a game and boast your "Higher number than the other dude"

Depends, the Acheivements certainly made me choose DMC4 on the 360 though.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I have PS3, 360, and PC, and the last place I buy a multiplatform title is the 360. I just have never like the controller, and I think that is way more important than some lame achievements. If I want to impress my friends I will do it on the race Track, On the baseball dimond, or on whatever game they want to play.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL