By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you have 360 and ps3 do achievements make you choose the 360 version?

finalsquall said:
It is silly. It's just self gratification. It's a way for MS to get people to play more games.

And Home's Trophy system is..... genius?

If it were silly, Sony wouldn't be copying the system, simple as that. Also, that is the whole point of achievements, MS wants people to care about it, to play more games, I'm sure they've made more money on software then they would have without because of achievement whores (cough Avatar Cough)

Around the Network

PS3 with accomplishment points would be cool.
they better give out 2000 points per game.

360 version.

achievements matter.

If both versions were identical, I would choose the 360, and yes because of achievements. It's not a large deciding factor, but sometimes it's fun to get them. It's like getting high scores back in the day. It adds just a little bit more playing time for those that want to be completists. Some achievements give unique experiences to the game and might make you rethink your strategy to get them, some others are just plain hilarious(like how you get an achievement in the Simpsons Game for just hitting the Start button). It's a nice little easter egg in the games, and I'm happy Sony is trying to get with the program and make their version. Once they do, MS will have lost just a little more competitive edge.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

yes i agree that its not a large factor but if everything else is pretty much the same i much rather would unlock the achievements. I guess in a way that should be viewed as a very positive bonus for ms.
thx for the feedback guys this was the very first thread i started and im very happy with the response :]

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

I disregard achievements. The type of game is the most important IMO. All FPS go for 360. However, I enjoy other genres with the ps3 controller.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Anyone with a Gamer Score over 100 000 points? Just wondering do anyone use Auto Game Saves or cheats to get achievements faster? I guess to get a really high score you have to play a lot of crap games. I only have a score of around 8000, crap hey lol.

i get the better version period.. i dont get a game to get fake points that mean nuthin. i like to game on my ps3 as it is quiet, better controller and works. (on my 5th xbox)

If both versions were qualitywise equally,i would choose the more silent version(especially when it is an RPG).So i go with the PS3,and no kind of achievement can catch my attention.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

My brother choos the Xbox 360 and I choose the PS3 and no the achievements don't mean anything to us. he choose the Xbox 360 because he like Halo and other shooters. I choose the PS3 because of Final Fantasy and other good RPG's that are coming out for it in the next year. the only game that we are both looking forward to that comes out on both systesm is Last Remnant

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)