By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you have 360 and ps3 do achievements make you choose the 360 version?

I find myself playing the 360 version instead of the ps3 version of the same game because of the achievements. Its not like i have a really high gamerscore either it just feels better to get achievements for the stuff I'm doing in the game anyway. It's probably a little silly but does anybody with both consoles feel the same way? 

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

It is silly. It's just self gratification. It's a way for MS to get people to play more games.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

That's true, finalsquall.
But self gratification is the best gratification.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

A way that works because its enjoyable.......
Are you still going to think its silly when Sony brings out accomplishments?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

NO achievment don't mean anything to me. I got my 360 for the exclusives that it will have. and it will be the same for the wii whenever i get one. unless a game is significantly better on 360 i usually get the ps3 version due to the fact that I have a older model 360 that i feel can die any day.

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
It is silly. It's just self gratification. It's a way for MS to get people to play more games.

I have been on this site for a while and I have yet to see you say anything positive about MS or the Xbox. Were you abused by Billy Gates?

OT - Achievements are fun - it is fun to unlock but the reason I buy the 360 version of games because I prefer gaming on the 360. That's it. Unless a game is clearly - I mean the 360 port is downright garbage, I'd probably snag the PS3 vrsion. If it's essentially the same, 360. 

I love Achievement. I'm closing on 8000.
I'll choose games on 360 for achievement points, definitely.

Bad side of achievements: I had to force myself away from COD4 so I can start and finish Assassin's Creed. (Sold the game - don't miss it yet cause AC was awesome)
I'm now hoping to get all the flags so I can get more points.

Back in my day....when I finished a game, that was the achievement. Defeating whatever needed to be defeated for new armor or a new weapon was the achievement.
Tea bagging a player in 20 ranked matches is not an achievement.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Achievements that are well designed help guide you through the gaming experience. Some games do a really lousy job but others are excellent. The excellent ones really add to the game experience. For example, Call of Duty 4 has an achievement for saving the farmer rather then letting him die. I didn't think about doing that until I saw the achievement. I just killed everyone the first time!

Yes, I usually do get the 360 version, but achievements aren't the only reason. Thus far, most of the multiplats have been better in some way (not all of them). That may change in future when devs get better with PS3 and accomplishments start coming out.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."