By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
Sal.Paradise said:
Barozi said:

1080p 60FPS is usually bollocks (in split-screen even more) so I'm not surprised.

No AA is indeed a surprise though.

You haven't seen the screens they've been releasing of this game have you, I'd be more surprised if they said there was AA!

Well
1) you don't have to quote me 3 times (and counting)
2)  I have seen them (and the lack of AA was really visible), but AFAIR they were also a much higher resolution as 720p (probably upscaled), so I didn't take them thaaat serious.
3) lastly that comment showed my surprise in general. 720p and 60FPS with AA existed already on PS3 and 360 (Forza + GT for example). So I either expected 1080p no AA or 720p with AA.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Majora said:
Wooooowwwww. Not buying a game because of this tripe?

Just enjoy the fucking game for what it is for fuck sake not what it isn't. I find it disturbing that people will actually cancel their preorder after seeing this news?! The desire for perfection in every aesthetic is truly permeating all areas of society not, even gaming! Well I've got a tooth gap and a slightly too large nose and I can still be loved so I'm sure there are some who can still love this game and how it looks.

i find it disturbing you are gettng so emotional about this. people who want it will get it.

your right, but there are a number of gamers that because now if a game isnt "..." in specs then its a no buy, i think Watchdogs is another example of this. WTF is wat goes through my head nowadays

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

People sure found alot to discuss when this game was still rumoured to be 1080p, but sure let's just sweep the facts under the rug.

Omg! Its not 1080p! sweep under the rug!!! OMG!!!

Oh thats right, who cares? 

No one said you had to care. The OP posted news on a topic that had been rumored and talked about for several weeks, nothing wrong with that.

Some people prefer a better image quality, others don't care. Neither side is more right, they just value certain things differently. It's not hugely different to how some people won't buy a game that has no multi-player or how others won't buy games that only last 10 hours. Everyone has different standards and expectations from things they buy, that's all.

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:
nothing to discuss.

buy it play it have fun with it.

this is mario kart we are talking about not some 30 mil. big budget real life shoot 'em up rollercoaster.

People sure found alot to discuss when this game was still rumoured to be 1080p, but sure let's just sweep the facts under the rug.

Alot of people obviously do, why do you think that whole 1080p rumour spread so fast? You were also in that thread calling people salty for downplaying the graphics, but now you're here pulling the "who cares"-card and talking about how it should be about fun+gameplay only.

I love the sarcasm in this thread.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

I blame the PS4 VS XBO war for blowing this whole 1080p argument out of control.

Nobody even noticed until it was pointed out, and to be completely honest, I still don't see the repeated framerate. Pull an Elsa and let it go.

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:
nothing to discuss.

buy it play it have fun with it.

this is mario kart we are talking about not some 30 mil. big budget real life shoot 'em up rollercoaster.

Alot of people obviously do, why do you think that whole 1080p rumour spread so fast? You were also in that thread calling people salty for downplaying the graphics, but now you're here pulling the "who cares"-card and talking about how it should be about fun+gameplay only.

Its true, who cares, wat i seen watching trailers/gameplay/etc is wat i kno im going to play. You obviously didn't look at the reason why i was doing that lmao. Your pretty common here always trying to downplay anything nintendo, its not surprising.

I was defending against realism/cartoony games http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6282504.

With Kyledog, he always has something to say that makes everything look like a joke, hence the salty pics. Need to get your facts straight

Porcupeth said:
"It's not like it was officially confirmed"

If everybody talks about and says it is, and Nintendo just sits idly by not saying a thing, it's the same thing as lying.
People started talking about WD 1080p/60fps on PS4 and one day later things were already being cleared up.
Nintendo let this slide for months.

Take from what whatever you want. I know what I take from it.

This is the worst conspiracy I've ever seen.

OT: I'm most disappointed in that loss of one frame. That'll definitely ruin me. At least now I can blame Nintendo for me losing to Rol all the time on Online races, it wasn't my fault the game is 59 FPS instead of 60.

tbone51 said:
Wow, this right here is wats going to drive the industry down. If you seriously changed your mind about getting a wiiu because of a game that isn't 1080p and instead 720p then..... -_-

I cant believe wat im seeing, this is literally sad. I miss the old days where it was about fun+gameplay 100%, now it comes down to this.

I fail to see how a "damper on excitement" translates to "not going to buy a WiiU".

It's the same thing I said in my Bayonetta rant months ago. I will buy it, I will probably have fun with it but I am still less excited than I could be and it will definitely lessen my experience.

Graphics do matter. That's why we're in the 8th generation of gaming and not still in the first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.