By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo the top publisher among manufacturers

Meret said:
sony is shit. nintendo wins!

Nintendo is selfish so there is no thrid party and huge money from their games compared to others. Sony wants everybody to win so there is Third party, huge indie push, more First party studios, new IP's, PS+ with great value for gamers, good hardware for developers to work with etc.,

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:
padib said:

That applies to all manufacturers. Do you think that this affects one more than another in a way that would affect the final numbers enough to change the final winner?

Yes, it affects one more than the other because the adoption of digital is not equal on all consoles. Some consoles also have more digital titles than others.

Sony lost, just accept it.

Do the honorable thing and say that Nintendo is the winner.

Sure - if you can provide the proof.

biglittlesps said:
Meret said:

Nintendo is selfish so there is no thrid party and huge money from their games compared to others. Sony wants everybody to win so there is Third party, huge indie push, more First party studios, new IP's, PS+ with great value for gamers, good hardware for developers to work with etc.,

Stop kidding yourself.

Nintendo wants to make money, Sony wants to make money. Sony isn't some kind of white knight in glorious armour that is nice to everyone. They do what works for them, in other words what makes them money, just as Nintendo does. 

_crazy_man_ said:

Too bad the one who stirred the OP to make this is banned and cannot comment. :p

Take a day or two off and miss a real laugher of a thread.  After reading all of the phantoms comments and the comments back to him, it is quite obvious that he was always speaking about something different than the OP here.  It's just funny watching phantom argue with a group of people and have everyone agreeing, but not understanding that they are agreeing.  It just seemed that the more they argued, the more they agreed but didn't know it.

Phantom agreed that Nintendo was the number 1 publisher.  He argued that Sony caused more software sales in total for its system, not as a publisher only, but all software sales for its systems regardless of publisher.

Oh we'll, he won't be back for a while I would guess.

It is near the end of the end....

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:
padib said:

That applies to all manufacturers. Do you think that this affects one more than another in a way that would affect the final numbers enough to change the final winner?

Yes, it affects one more than the other because the adoption of digital is not equal on all consoles. Some consoles also have more digital titles than others.

Proof in OP

Around the Network
Ucell said:
ktay95 said:
Oh this based on sales. If we were just talking about quality games Nintendo is the top publisher... that's it, just the number 1 publisher in the industry =D

That's your opinion. For me they are among the worst publishers and Sony easily the best followed by Take-Two Interactive and Electronic Arts.

I respect your opinion.  I agree with Ktay95, Nintendo games are of the best. Sony isn't easily the best but somewhere in the middle.  They can't have a Mario Kart and Smash Bros clone and rank the best.  EA is the worst period. Take-Two would be in like the top five behind Retro Studios & others.

PigPen said:
Ucell said:
ktay95 said:
Oh this based on sales. If we were just talking about quality games Nintendo is the top publisher... that's it, just the number 1 publisher in the industry =D

That's your opinion. For me they are among the worst publishers and Sony easily the best followed by Take-Two Interactive and Electronic Arts.

I respect your opinion.  I agree with Ktay95, Nintendo games are of the best. Sony isn't easily the best but somewhere in the middle.  They can't have a Mario Kart and Smash Bros clone and rank the best.  EA is the worst period. Take-Two would be in like the top five behind Retro Studios & others.

Retro isn't a publisher, its a small Nintendo subsidiary.

My 8th gen collection

biglittlesps said:
Meret said:

This post is quite funny, but the post you quoted is just cringe-worthy.

biglittlesps said:
Meret said:

It's sad that you actually believe this.

It's all business, son.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:
padib said:

Proof in OP

Not seeing it - just links to this website.