By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Wii U) What do you think?

drake_tolu said:

I believe that from June onwards Wii U competes with XO.

I think Wii U don't sell less of 50,000 and have constancy of 60,000.

XO less of 30,000 before price drop, +100,000 after price drop for 1 month, and after have constancy of 80,000, and don't sell less of 70,000.

From September, XO coming in other places, and i thin after the boots, have costance of 85,000, and don't sell less of 75,000.

But on Chrismas Wii U will win.

XOne price drop will sell hardware.  I don't see it selling double the amount it's currently selling.  Right now it's selling about 50,000 in every territory (across the board).   And it also will be the same price as the PS4.  I don't see it going much past the PS4 at best.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
THere will be a positive net gain on the weekly once MK8 launches and likely again after this xmas... meaning next year will be higher than this year, but don't expect it to overall do better than Gamecube lifetime.

With all the powerful consoles out now, I don't see the rush for new hardware. I'm calling it now, this gen is going to last even longer then last gen.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Love the console to death! So excited for e3!

I can't lie, I do too.

cusman said:

PS4 is king for next few years. Japan is irrelevant.

XBO needs to try and avoid having the problem WiiU has

WiiU is dead, except as a second console for Nintendo core fans.

I don't know, with the XOne sea diving in sales in Europe.  Also the Wii U has more consoles sold to date.

Japan doesn't matter it did when the ps4 first launched

Around the Network

I see much improved sales post-MK8. 20-50% improvement at least, especially if they have some decent follow-up titles like B2 and Hyrule Warriors leading up to SmashU. I'm expecting a 100% year-on-year improvement. The key is e3 though. Nintendo really needs a cool-looking Zelda and something innovative for casual gamers that will get them excited. That was the key for Wii take-off, the novelty of Wii Sports and the classic core gaming of Zelda:TP. That, and many gamers hadn't played Nintendo stuff in a while. For big, sustained Wii U growth Nintendo needs Zelda and a new IP to be shown next month, and they need to be good.

PigPen said:
superchunk said:
THere will be a positive net gain on the weekly once MK8 launches and likely again after this xmas... meaning next year will be higher than this year, but don't expect it to overall do better than Gamecube lifetime.

With all the powerful consoles out now, I don't see the rush for new hardware. I'm calling it now, this gen is going to last even longer then last gen.

I got a big box of nope for ya. Next Nintendo on or before holidays 2017 and other replacements coming 2018 as neither will let Nintendo get more than a year head start. Last gen was an oddity in many ways including longer lifespans due to later peaks in sales. One of the reasons MSony used nearly off the shelf items that are very much inline with PC development was specifically so they could upgrade at a better pace with lower costs. This is why Sony is saying they have profitable hardware less than a year into its cycle. I'm sure with MS cutting out Kinect, their hardware will be profitable this year too.

PS4: Japan is irrelevent. Could be undertracked again.
XBO: There's a huge pricecut you aren't considering in your wishful thinking.
Wii U: There's no hope for a first or second position this gen.

superchunk said:
PigPen said:
superchunk said:

I got a big box of nope for ya. Next Nintendo on or before holidays 2017 and other replacements coming 2018 as neither will let Nintendo get more than a year head start. Last gen was an oddity in many ways including longer lifespans due to later peaks in sales. One of the reasons MSony used nearly off the shelf items that are very much inline with PC development was specifically so they could upgrade at a better pace with lower costs. This is why Sony is saying they have profitable hardware less than a year into its cycle. I'm sure with MS cutting out Kinect, their hardware will be profitable this year too.

Agreed. Another reason last gen lasted so long was that the hardware released (PS3, Xbox 360) at he time was more powerful than the what most highend gaming computers whereas the XBO, PS4 are mid tier at best and will be severely outdated come 2017/2018.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

The Wii U isn't dead because of the games or because it is a bad console. The same with the Xbox One. It's just because the Internet said that the PS4 is the best and because the Internet thought so the people started to think in the same way and do it until now and they will do it. Bad or great news for a console could change anything but this is unlikely because the 'great PS4' is in the heads of the people and this will go on.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.