By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ike "Fights For His Friends Once Again!" Returns In SSB for WiiU/3DS! New Look/Pics Inside!!!

Radiant Dawn incarnation good job, for those saying Starfox has three reps of all franchises so Fire Emblem could get three.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Part of me is happy because this means 3 of my 4 old mains are coming back (everyone but Game and Watch so far), but another part of me wishes they had gone with Chrom instead.

Your sounding like the people who say the same thing with Lucario+Mewtwo!!!! This doesn't mean anybody is excluded!!! There is no such thing as patterns (cuz SSBM+SSBB had 2 FE characters so will SSB4!), lets wait. You might just be surprised

tbone51 said:
Mr Khan said:
Part of me is happy because this means 3 of my 4 old mains are coming back (everyone but Game and Watch so far), but another part of me wishes they had gone with Chrom instead.

Your sounding like the people who say the same thing with Lucario+Mewtwo!!!! This doesn't mean anybody is excluded!!! There is no such thing as patterns (cuz SSBM+SSBB had 2 FE characters so will SSB4!), lets wait. You might just be surprised

Three blue-haired sword-wielding lords would be a bit much, i think.

Doesn't exclude the possibility of a more unique Awakening character, like Robin (who would work since we have optional-gender characters already in Villager and Wii Fit Trainer)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I didn't expect Ike to get back in but he's was a pretty fun character to use in Brawl, so welcome back Ike.

Where the hell is Chrom ;_;

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
tbone51 said:
Mr Khan said:

Three blue-haired sword-wielding lords would be a bit much, i think.

Doesn't exclude the possibility of a more unique Awakening character, like Robin (who would work since we have optional-gender characters already in Villager and Wii Fit Trainer)

I still think Chrom has the best chance (hopefully Lucina as alt costume but i doubt it). Beside Ike looks dramatically different than Marth especially now, and as for 3 blue hair sword wielding lords? Its just cuz they have similar appearances. Roy doesnt have blue hair but he's a clone!

Ike plays dramatically different than Marth, as they only share the B↓ atk. Chrom could be a similar case and plays different! Of course Sakarai said he doesn't want clones though currently only  1 atm Toon Link (which maybe they differ greatly this time but he hasnt shown it yet)!

I heard a good idea from somebody on a different forum. Remember Zelda new B↓ Move Phantom Slash? How about Chrom uses a gimmick with some atks that use a partner mechanic? Like Using B he slashes with a quick appearing Lucina that also slashes? A B→ move tat summons Robin that shoots a lighting bolt across the field?

This would be a huge gimmick as he is one that uses others for his attacks, like Peach with Toad (and some others), but to a much greater extend!!!

I really hope he didnt take a spot for a better FE character :L Im hoping this game has a larger cast than SSBB, I thought I read Sakurai didnt want to add many new characters to SSB4? Maybe Im remembering wrong

StarOcean said:
I really hope he didnt take a spot for a better FE character :L Im hoping this game has a larger cast than SSBB, I thought I read Sakurai didnt want to add many new characters to SSB4? Maybe Im remembering wrong

So much that he said has been badly misinterpreted. In that case, he said something like "focus on quality over quantity" for the new roster, which everyone jumped on as meaning he wanted a roster the same size or only slightly larger than Brawl. The other one was the weird rumor that the 3DS was blocking the Ice Climbers from becoming playable due to power constraints (which would be extra-weird since we already have Olimar, who has far more on-screen characters, or Rosalina + Luma).

There's so many other things that he has said which get immediately taken to some weird logical extreme and start all kinds of internet arguments.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

StarOcean said:

Yes he stated his 1st priority was to balance out characters (which seems to be the case cuz alot of buffs to lower tier characters).

As for newcomers SSBB had (yes im counting Pokemon Trainer as 3 cuz Squirtle/Ivy/Charizard) 18 new playable ones. I thnk he wanted us to kno dont expect another 15-20 added. So with 6 new ones, i think 10-12 is a safe bet. 

That said there are 30 characters (24 veterans) with almost guarantee of Squirtle/Ivy cut. If everybody else did return (im going to exclude Snake too) then that means there would be now 42 characters. add 4-6 newcomers 46-48 total. (this is without mre cuts).

i think Wolf is gone and Lucas too, so i expect 44-46 characters

This pleases me.