By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

no gaemz

Around the Network

Lol because Japan equals world these days.

ImmortalHelixFossil said:

Euh, I'm expecting Xbox One be on the last place of hardware selling talking about Japan of course.

Off-topic: Can someone make a Sony/Playstation doom time line of the last 10 years?

Only time Playstation was considered doomed by the media was the failed PS3 launch.  The doom quickly passed after about a year when sales picked up.  One can say the Vita now (which was first considered a 3DS killer when it was about to launch) but the PS1, PS2, and PSP never really had any doom attachments to it by the media.  As for Nintendo?   GC, DS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U all had major doom and that Nintendo was about to die attached to it.

Goremichel said:

Whats the reason Problem?

Problem is it doesn't have the Japanese blockbusters yet like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid (the demo doesn't count), Gran Turismo, Kingdom Hearts, One Piece, Hot Shots Golf, Dragon's Dogma, Tales of game, Souls game, the popular JRPGS, etc.

You've never bought a PS-system? Dude c'mon! Play some TLOU multiplayer with me so I can take your virginity.

The lack of Knack bundles  is the main reason the PS4 is not doing well in Japan!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

This thread is about the reason behind japan sales of PS4 not to share your Wants about PS4 should fail. Most of the people all around the world thinks it very good and adds something to the game along with they like Sony exclusives which diversify with new IP's unlike others who keep using old IPs again to get more sales instead of risking on new IPs. Do you know Project morphoes, Media molecules move kind of game, PS4 share, PS4 touchpad etc., which adds something to the game but they have not used them fully because its just been 6 months but you are talking like its already been over a year or two. PS4 fans care about diversified gaming and new experiences not the console wars winning(only few peopl do this because they have been treated like this last gen with multiplatforms).

And sony did screw up with PS3 at first but they fixed and been better since then in every way which is the reason why PS4 is selling well except Japan(because they dont have games they want yet only playable on PS4). There is no way sony can screw up PS4 in future beacuse they always listen to Fans and do what they want.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Home console sales in Japan are awful generally and the PS4 doesn't have very compelling software.

I smell a troll thread.. I just hope you're kidding in here.

"And Acconomyc analyticer says that sony has a big finance prolbem. Sony can be insolvence. I am a Nintendo and Microsoft fan, I never bought a sony goods, but I wont that sony goes away from the market."
How internet's arguments work lately.

fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

Sooo much wishful thinking here.

fallen said:

What got you so bitter?