By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

Sharu said:
think-man said:
Sharu said:
Tbh, i easily understand PS4 sales in Japan. The thing I don't understand - is why it sold so good in the West. Thats a real puzzle for me.

Hype, price and good PR :) we all know it didn't sell so well because of knack xD

All correct. Sad to see the 'good games' wasn't the reason for good PS4 sales.

When the good games come the charts will be on fire, InFAMOUS I hear is good although I haven't tried it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Sharu said:
think-man said:

Hype, price and good PR :) we all know it didn't sell so well because of knack xD

When the good games come the charts will be on fire, InFAMOUS I hear is good although I haven't tried it.

InFamous is amazing! The game is just so much fun that it's incredible. 

Sharu said:
think-man said:
Sharu said:
Tbh, i easily understand PS4 sales in Japan. The thing I don't understand - is why it sold so good in the West. Thats a real puzzle for me.

Anything can be a good game. Everyone has their own preferences and opinions. There is no need to downplay the PS4 sales. But its understandable considering the position of the competition.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

veritaz said:
think-man said:
Sharu said:
think-man said:

I wanna try it but I'm playing Tales of Xillia atm and I've just brought Legend of Dragoon on the PSN so I wanna play that again :P

Sharu said:
think-man said:
Sharu said:

Not yet, not yet!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network
think-man said:
veritaz said:
think-man said:

I wanna try it but I'm playing Tales of Xillia atm and I've just brought Legend of Dragoon on the PSN so I wanna play that again :P

When you get to it you will be in for a treat. 

Goremichel said:

Hallo Party People,

at the release of the ps4, the ps4 get a good start, but in the last weeks/month, the sellings in Japan are extremly worse. Whats the reason Problem?

And Acconomyc analyticer says that sony has a big finance prolbem. Sony can be insolvence. I am a Nintendo and Microsoft fan, I never bought a sony goods, but I wont that sony goes away from the market.

I think your Thread is a big fail, sadly. And sadly we have so many pointless Threads lately...

Japan is not anymore into Console as before, console games changed since PS2 era, they are a lot more west oriented now, and japanese don't buy consoles as NA or Europe.  Anyway, it's too early to speak.  Don't be afraid of Sony leaving the market, be afraid about Nintendo leaving this market, considering its very poor selling numbers in NA and Europe, where the console market really is ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Sharu said:

It has plenty of shooters (the favorite genre of PlayStation owners) and Fifa, plus paid online multiplayer is a novelty for Sony systems.

OT: PS4 lacks games. Sony needs more japanese studios and more original japanese IPs to appeal to Japan.

Nate4Drake said:

I think your Thread is a big fail, saldy. And sadly we have so many sad and pointless Threads lately...

Japan is not anymore into Console as before, console games changed since PS2 era, they are a lot more west oriented now, and japanese don't buy consoles as NA or Europe.  Anyway, it's too early to speak.  Don't be afraid of Sony leaving the market, be afraid about Nintendo leaving this market, considering its very poor selling numbers in NA and Europe, where the console market really is ;)

I blame Nintendo.

Sharu said:

Maybe 'cause is the most powerful console with most competitive price,  with the best multiplatform games and best 1st party Devs and brightest future ?

Maybe also 'cause MS screwed many XBox fans with this ONE ? After the beautiful 360... could be ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.