By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long will the Wii U stay ahead of the PS4 in Japan after next week?It begins-Week one!

Sharu said:
Aerys said:

You really think that could change and Wii U could get the japanese multiplatform games  ? Because that is what it would need to get the big exclusives and not be an other GC.

No. I think that Nintendo will get some sales from its 1st party games. At least 5-6 mln in Japan LT is guaranteed on own support. Any 3rd party ex or multy - will be a bonus.
But IF 3rd party games sales/popularity will go down (which is already the case) it will be a kaput for PS4 in Japan, since its exclusives are irrelevant there.

Well, 5-6M is not really the "at least " vision but more the optimistic vision when you know the GC sold 4M with own support whereas it was selling better than WiiU.

Not because one game popularity go down that it's the case for all games, dont forget popuular 3rd party are just games as much as nintendo first party games, if the home console market go down, it'll be the same for all of games, 3rd party of 1st party.

But it's very unlikely that Wii U can compete against all the 3rd party support with just 1-2 big system seller by year( Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid , Gran Turismo, One Piece, Hot Shots Golf, Dragon's Dogma, Tales of game, Souls game, the popular JRPGS, etc  )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Sharu said:
Aerys said:

You really think that could change and Wii U could get the japanese multiplatform games  ? Because that is what it would need to get the big exclusives and not be an other GC.

No. I think that Nintendo will get some sales from its 1st party games. At least 5-6 mln in Japan LT is guaranteed on own support. Any 3rd party ex or multy - will be a bonus.
But IF 3rd party games sales/popularity will go down (which is already the case) it will be a kaput for PS4 in Japan, since its exclusives are irrelevant there.

Well, 5-6M is not really the "at least " vision but more the optimistic vision when you know the GC sold 4M with own support whereas it was selling better than WiiU.

Not because one game popularity go down that it's the case for all games, dont forget popuular 3rd party are just games as much as nintendo first party games, if the home console market go down, it'll be the same for all of games, 3rd party of 1st party.

But it's very unlikely that Wii U can compete against all the 3rd party support with just 1-2 big system seller by year( Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid , Gran Turismo, One Piece, Hot Shots Golf, Dragon's Dogma, Tales of game, Souls game, the popular JRPGS, etc  )

PS4 is not a PS2. And looking on your game list I see its a lot of wishful thinking from your side. (Dragon's dogma and Souls for PS4... Oh shit... You have some serious insiders in japan industry!)

Sharu said:
Aerys said:
Sharu said:
Aerys said:

PS4 is not a PS2. And looking on your game list I see its a lot of wishful thinking from your side. (Dragon's dogma and Souls for PS4... Oh shit... You have some serious insiders in japan industry!)

No need to be a PS2, a PS3 will be enough, and like i said, no reason for it to not be a PS3.

It's not wishful thinking, that is not an exhaustive list, it's meant to say " you'll get all the multiplatforms on PS4" , but you understand that looking at the list PS3 had(  you can put something else instead of dragon's dogma since it's not sure to get a sequel. Plus the next Souls is pretty much confirmed on PS4, at this point, it would be pure denial to not accept it, dont do that, you know it's coming)

yeah the crown of the dead console market in japan. that is not saying much.

Nintentacle said:
Jumpin said:
Nintentacle said:
Lifetime sales, or are you asking how long Wii U's weekly hardware sales will be above PS4's? Guess I'll answer both!

Lifetime: Never.
2nd one: 1-3 months.

What are you talking about? Wii U currently has triple the lifetime in Japan.

I'm not sure which one you're responding to.

Lifetime sales, the Wii U is currently quite a bit ahead of PS4 in Japan lifetime.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:

Starting this week?

Starting next week.

So the next numbers that come in the WiiU will be ahead?

Yes.

Ok, you still think you're going to win that bet with me ;P

Im not so sure anymore :D

Aerys said:

anyone thinking Wii U will be ahead lifetime is too young to understand how things work.

You can think Wii U will be ahead during it's lifetime, it is possible maybe, but it wont during all the generation, because PS4 will last longer.
It's insane to think a 4 year console(be realistic) with 1-2 big system seller only by year will outsell a (at least) 6 year console with all 3rd party support

Wii still ahead of PS3. Maybe the young person is you.

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
Aerys said:

anyone thinking Wii U will be ahead lifetime is too young to understand how things work.

You can think Wii U will be ahead during it's lifetime, it is possible maybe, but it wont during all the generation, because PS4 will last longer.
It's insane to think a 4 year console(be realistic) with 1-2 big system seller only by year will outsell a (at least) 6 year console with all 3rd party support

Wii still ahead of PS3. Maybe the young person is you.

except your comparison is silly, WiiU is nothing near from Wii.

In sales term, Wii U = GC.

and PS4 = PS3 ( and will obviously have the same life with all multiplatform then exclusives)

PS3 is ahead of GC.

So yes, you need to be enough old to understand these things, when you lived 3 generations, it becomes obvious. ( you can also look at the past in the books )

Never, and new consoles will be ready to launch.

i'm saying at least a year until the Japanese devs get on board with PS4 :P.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)