By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumor) Nintendo Digital Event @ E3 2014 Games List

You guys have missed the biggest giveaway that this is fake.

Nintendo's event lineup wouldn't be printed out on any random old piece of paper, and certainly wouldn't include release date information just because it could. If it was intended for some sort of communication, it would be on their internal stationery with a proper letterhead (and thus the Nintendo logo would be at the top), and would contain only the information that was necessary for the communication - in this case, it might include the game title and the speaker, but not the console or the release date, both of which would have been decided well in advance and does not need to be known in conjunction with the speaker. But even then, there's no reason why a list such as that would exist anyway - such arrangements would have been made in person, and distributed only to people who had to know.

So even if everything on the list were completely believable, without mistakes or inconsistencies, I'd have still called it a fake list.

Around the Network

Lol what a fake :D First thing that caught my attention; Nintendo doesn't have a red logo anymore. It's grey. And releasing GC SSB and Mario Kart on the VC?? Talk about eating your own sales! Those games could and would cannabelize the newer entries coming.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

NFC is missing and SMTXFE is bollocks. So no more need to be said.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Nope. Nope. Nope.

So obviously fake. I mean, the fact there's literally nothing new and other games have such release dates are evidence of that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DanneSandin said:
Lol what a fake :D First thing that caught my attention; Nintendo doesn't have a red logo anymore. It's grey. And releasing GC SSB and Mario Kart on the VC?? Talk about eating your own sales! Those games could and would cannabelize the newer entries coming.

To defend that (though i do feel the list is fake), if you're buying GameCube games on the Wii U VC, then you've already bought a Wii U and have connected it to the internet and are buying VC games. That means you're already a top priority Wii U customer.

While existing Wii U owners MIGHT pass up the new games for GC options (heavy emphasis on might), nobody's going to buy a Wii U just for games they can emulate on Dolphin for free, if all they were interested in is GameCube games and don't have a GC.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:

Nintendo's event lineup wouldn't be printed out on any random old piece of paper, and certainly wouldn't include release date information just because it could. If it was intended for some sort of communication, it would be on their internal stationery with a proper letterhead (and thus the Nintendo logo would be at the top), and would contain only the information that was necessary for the communication - in this case, it might include the game title and the speaker, but not the console or the release date, both of which would have been decided well in advance and does not need to be known in conjunction with the speaker. But even then, there's no reason why a list such as that would exist anyway - such arrangements would have been made in person, and distributed only to people who had to know.

So even if everything on the list were completely believable, without mistakes or inconsistencies, I'd have still called it a fake list.

nope, many people have already pointed these things out

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It's real. My mom told me so.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

zorg1000 said:
Aielyn said:

nope, many people have already pointed these things out

I see only two people addressing anything resembling what I said - one pointed out that it wouldn't be on shoddy paper printed by a shoddy printer (which is a weak point) and that it wouldn't have been printed at all in reality. The other just says it looks like some 14 year old made it in word. Beyond that, the only comments even close are basically "hey, why is the logo red?"

Printers can need cartridge replacement, and a plausible explanation for that would be that this was a bad printing, and thus was to be recycled and a new copy printed after cartridge replacement... should have been shredded, but wasn't. It being printed can be explained in theory. So can the fact that it looks like it was made in word, and the fact that the logo is red. But the set of information provided have no business being together on a document. THAT was the primary problem. And the secondary problem is that the paper used to print it would have had the official letterhead on it.

Looks like a new rumored leak has already appeared!
http://abload.de/img/cimg7568rdjpz.jpg

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That "leak" scream fake all over it.

AZWification said:

Looks like a new rumored leak has already appeared!
http://abload.de/img/cimg7568rdjpz.jpg

Meanwhile this one is a lot better done.

4 new franchises, Star Fox by Platinum and F-Zero by Sega ... I wouldn't complain!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.