By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Wii U Sales MK8 Launch Week and 2 Following Weeks

POE said:
jonathanalis said:
after mk8, wii u will never go below x360, ps3 and vita.

I agree with this. Also i believe it will make a decent fight against the Xbox One.

But not with PS4, that will sold more of XO+Wii U...

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
I think people are vastly overestimating this and setting themselves up for disappointment. 80K week one, 67K week 2, and 50K week three. Where it goes from there depends on a few factors. I would guess we're do for a Wii Sports Club hard copy around June-July, Bayonetta for September, X late October (Japan at least), and the flagship NFP game in October for the US. Hyrule Warriors also seems like a possible Fall title. Those should be able to keep sales at around 50K, give or take 10K a week. Holidays are kind of up in the air. It's seeming increasingly more likely that Smash may be the only huge holiday release, which would not be good.

Of course, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Who know, maybe sales will rise to 100K per week.

I think it will be in the middle: 70,000-80,000 on week without games, 100,000-200,000 with games, and 300,000-700,000 on chrismas.

PigPen said:
JWeinCom said:
I think people are vastly overestimating this and setting themselves up for disappointment. 80K week one, 67K week 2, and 50K week three. Where it goes from there depends on a few factors. I would guess we're do for a Wii Sports Club hard copy around June-July, Bayonetta for September, X late October (Japan at least), and the flagship NFP game in October for the US. Hyrule Warriors also seems like a possible Fall title. Those should be able to keep sales at around 50K, give or take 10K a week. Holidays are kind of up in the air. It's seeming increasingly more likely that Smash may be the only huge holiday release, which would not be good.

Of course, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Who know, maybe sales will rise to 100K per week.

Week one 80,000 is crazy talk.  So you're like saying it will sell like a million lifetime.  First week I thinking 3,500,000 sold.  My first post I have it 2,000,000, but I didn't do it justice and selling Mario Kart 8 short.  It's still number one on Amazon Japan.  It will sell a least a million copies in all countries.  This thread is filled with alot of haters.

Considering the Wii U has sold about 7 million units so far, I think 3.5 million is a stretch.  Even if you didn't read the OP carefully it was pretty clear in the context that I was talking about hardware.

Barozi said:

lol quite a few people didn't read the OP or they would know that this thread is about WiiU hardware instead of MK8 software sales.

Dude, you are right.  Up tired and late and I just went in.  It's my fault for being careless.

DerNebel said:
PigPen said:

Week one 80,000 is crazy talk.  So you're like saying it will sell like a million lifetime.  First week I thinking 3,500,000 sold.  My first post I have it 2,000,000, but I didn't do it justice and selling Mario Kart 8 short.  It's still number one on Amazon Japan.  It will sell a least a million copies in all countries.  This thread is filled with alot of haters.

1st: This thread is about hardware not software

2nd: Your software expectations for MK are completely ridiculous, the game won't even come close to that first week.

"Barozi" was the first to point that out and he's right.  My software expectation for MK is what it is.  Your claim is ridiculous.  What makes your opinion better then mines.

Around the Network
Ninten78 said:

What do you think the Wii U will sell with the release of MK8? Write Wii U sales for Week of MK8 launch and the 2 following weeks.

1st Week-120 000

2nd Week-90 000

3rd Week- 70 000

That's a very good guess.

1st Week-120 000

2nd Week-135 000

3rd Week- 130 000

(think some people here underestimate the mouth to mouth effect)

PigPen said:
DerNebel said:

2nd: Your software expectations for MK are completely ridiculous, the game won't even come close to that first week.

"Barozi" was the first to point that out and he's right.  My software expectation for MK is what it is.  Your claim is ridiculous.  What makes your opinion better then mines.

My opinion is "better" than yours because it is based on data for past Wii U games, past Mario Kart games and the Wii Us userbase.

You literally expect over 50% of Wii U owners to go out and buy MK8 in its first week. You expect it to do about 1.75 times as much as MK Wii did in its first week and close to 3 times as much as MK7 did, that is not in the realm of possibilities.

If I were to say that the PS4 would go on to sell 2 million consoles next week, you could rightfully call this opinion ridiculous, cause that is just what it'd be, the same applies to your opinion on MK8s first week sales.

DerNebel said:
PigPen said:
DerNebel said:

My opinion is "better" than yours because it is based on data for past Wii U games, past Mario Kart games and the Wii Us userbase.

You literally expect over 50% of Wii U owners to go out and buy MK8 in its first week. You expect it to do about 1.75 as much as MK Wii did in its first week and close to 3 times as much as MK7 did, that is not in the realm of possibilities.

If I were to say that the PS4 would go on to sell 2 million consoles next week, you could rightfully call this opinion ridiculous, cause that is just what it'd be, the same applies to your opinion on MK8s first week sales.

You can't be taken seriously.  Your opinion is NOT better then mines.

PigPen said:
DerNebel said:

You literally expect over 50% of Wii U owners to go out and buy MK8 in its first week. You expect it to do about 1.75 as much as MK Wii did in its first week and close to 3 times as much as MK7 did, that is not in the realm of possibilities.

You can't be taken seriously.  Your opinion is NOT better then mines.

At least try to refute my point. If you can look at the situation of the Wii U and the things I just told you about the past MK games and still think "Yup, 3.5 million first week seems plausible", then my "opinion" (I prefer the term prediction) in this regard is definitely better than yours.