By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstaton 4 More Powerful Than XB1 Say Ubisoft

Nicklesbe said:

At most it would be a 10% boost which still isn't what ps4 could do. That is of course if they completely rewrote the firmware to take out all the kinect processing which they won't do. They want people to use kinect so those consoles will still be compatible with kinect. Just because they unplug it doesn't mean they magically get that power back. They invested too much money in kinect so that fantasy of a power boost will never happen unless they upgrade the hardware. But hey keep the dreams alive.

Never said it would match the PS4. The PS4 is always going to be more powerful.

It is funny that you call it "dreams" though. Like I said, console warriors get emotional some times.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Madword said:
J_Allard said:
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

A lot of console warriors are getting emotional over your post, you probably should have said "XB1 has more x-factors" to calm their nerves. Not that those other factors will ever make the Xbone more powerful than PS4 or anything, but it certainly does have that.

Ironically the x-factor that many early XBO adopters were using as their key differentiator was actually Kinect... so obviously not so muh of an xfactor now... ;)

Ironically removing that x-factor creates a new x-factor since it could potentially mean more processing power.

You have yet to even try to explain what the x factors are that ps4 cannot have.

BuckStud said:
Do we need to keep beating this to death.  Does anyone even care?!?  My 2 year old PC is more power than both, yet there are far more power PC's than mine...do I care...not really.  The only way any of this would make any difference is if the PS4 was the most powerful thing you could play games on, and it's not.

While I agree that there is no point bringing up the PS4 is more powerful than X1 conversation in the same way no one bothers saying the X1 is more powerful than the WiiU, I have to admit though that I think comparing a PC to a console is just flat out silly. They aren't even in the same platform; you have handhelds, consoles and PCs. Three different platforms, you don't see anyone comparing the power of consoles to handhelds simply because there are console games that you can only play on handhelds do you?

Another way to look at this; the gamer that is in the market of buying a console, does not care if your 2yr old PC is more powerful than the console. In the very same way that a PC gamer that goes into a store to buy a $1000 GPU, wouldn't walk out with a $400 PS4 as a convert. Again, two completely different platforms.

J_Allard said:
Madword said:
J_Allard said:
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

A lot of console warriors are getting emotional over your post, you probably should have said "XB1 has more x-factors" to calm their nerves. Not that those other factors will ever make the Xbone more powerful than PS4 or anything, but it certainly does have that.

Ironically the x-factor that many early XBO adopters were using as their key differentiator was actually Kinect... so obviously not so muh of an xfactor now... ;)

Ironically removing that x-factor creates a new x-factor since it could potentially mean more processing power.

Removing the one thing that people harped on about being the differentiator (the future)...and just adding more processing, is not creating a new x-factor. It will provide some positives as games will be able to use more processing power (and thats nothing to complain about)... but there's no *new* x-factor here I'm afraid.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

Removing the one thing that people harped on about being the differentiator (the future)...and just adding more processing, is not creating a new x-factor. It will provide some positives as games will be able to use more processing power (and thats nothing to complain about)... but there's no *new* x-factor here I'm afraid.

X-factor confirmed. Thanks for the confirmation.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Nicklesbe said:

At most it would be a 10% boost which still isn't what ps4 could do. That is of course if they completely rewrote the firmware to take out all the kinect processing which they won't do. They want people to use kinect so those consoles will still be compatible with kinect. Just because they unplug it doesn't mean they magically get that power back. They invested too much money in kinect so that fantasy of a power boost will never happen unless they upgrade the hardware. But hey keep the dreams alive.

Never said it would match the PS4. The PS4 is always going to be more powerful.

It is funny that you call it "dreams" though. Like I said, console warriors get emotional some times.

You implied it would do better than ps4 when you described the boost as an X-factor, so that's another term you apparently don't understand... I see you are misusing emotional again, so two words you don't understand.

There are no emotions involved in correcting deluted fanboys, exceopt for maybe joy and elation from all the hilarity. Perhaps you are just super sensitive? That would explain why you interpret everything as emotional and why you are in a perpetual state of defence and butt-hurtedness.  

User has been moderated for this post - Conegamer

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:

You implied it would do better than ps4 when you described the boost as an X-factor, so that's another term you apparently don't understand... I see you are misusing emotional again, so two words you don't understand.

There are no emotions involved in correcting deluted fanboys, exceopt for maybe and joy an elation from all the hilarity. Perhaps you are just super sensitive? That would explain why you interpret everything as emotional and why you are in a perpetual state of defence and butt-hurtedness.  

lol so true.

PigPen said:
I couldn't be a XOne owner. Everything about Ubisoft screams Sony. Us "Wii U" owners don't buy inferior games unless it's reasonable. No co-op in Splinter Cell: Blacklist means no Wii U sales. Why did it look the same as the last generation consoles anyway. Delay "Rayman: Legends" for a PS3 & X360 port, no sales. Why did it look the same as last generation consoles anyway. Developers shaft XOne owners with inferior games and they still buy.

Thats the biggest crock of crapola I've ever heard. "Us Wii U" owners don't buy inferior games. Please...you weren't allowed to even amass in numbers for third party because Nintendo has trained their audience not to care about third parties period. Since their relationships with third parties have been sour for since the 90's you guys have always gotten seconds, barely enough or a lot of crap from third parties because Nintendo cannot do business with others properly. This wasnt a choice that Nintendo gamers made. Hate to break it to you, but the decisions the companies make affect the buyer, especially if they are loyal. 

The main buyers who buy third party games in rapid succession switched from the over to the Playstation after the SNES era. Sony increased the market size by doubel,w hich means they increased a whole generation of new gamers and got them to game.

Too much pride. 

SMH

Nicklesbe said:
You implied it would do better than ps4 when you described the boost as an X-factor, so that's another term you apparently don't understand...

I implied it would do better than the PS4 in the very same post where I said it wouldn't be more powerful than the PS4?

J_Allard said:
Not that those other factors will ever make the Xbone more powerful than PS4 or anything, but it certainly does have that.

I hope that helped. And unfortunately that opening part of your post was so bad, I'm not even going to bother reading the rest.

J_Allard said:
Nicklesbe said:
You implied it would do better than ps4 when you described the boost as an X-factor, so that's another term you apparently don't understand...

I implied it would do better than the PS4 in the very same post where I said it wouldn't be more powerful than the PS4?

J_Allard said:
Not that those other factors will ever make the Xbone more powerful than PS4 or anything, but it certainly does have that.

I hope that helped. And unfortunately that opening part of your post was so bad, I'm not even going to bother reading the rest.

Again it goes to show you don't understand what the term X-factor means. Just because you don't understand the word doesn't mean it's implications go away. Just because you say an X-factor isn't something that's going to make Xbox better than ps4 in the same sentance you misuse it doesn't mean you are right. It just means you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. It's ok tho I understand you are upset and emotional so you arn't thinking straight. Don't be sad you still have your dreams and you are obviously still holding onto your delusions so keep that  in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)