By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

Welp... That sure is something LOL Oh Bowser... I knew you were racist!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Is there any chance this reviewer was joking and just being sarcastic?

Updated the OP with the reviewer's response to the backlash.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I commend him for sticking with his beliefs and original review, even though I fundamentally disagree with it.

Want a different colored person driving the kart? Pick your damn Mii character.

I am 100% sure that they will include Mii characters.  This fuck is bitching about bullshit.  Miis/Avatars/Playstation Home? or whatever the fuck you what to call it make any game racially diverse if the users chooses.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong is in there right? I don't understand the issue.

HintHRO said:
Donkey Kong is in there right? I don't understand the issue.

When I saw this my thoughts were:

This game doesn't have any Canadian characters in it, that's so racist. I'm gonna buy Snowboard Kids instead.

Rosallina is from Space, Mario Bros are Italian, And Wario/Waluigi are obviously Eastern European. 

There are so many turtles, and not a single lizard? That's clearly discrimination, and intentional. Nintendo needs to hire more lizards on staff to prevent this happening again.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Dokey Kong is an immigrant from Africa, and still get's to have romance with the princess! The upward mobility! So progressive!

Game Boy  master race

Make Obama Mii. Problem Solved.

these discrimination nazis are the scum of gaming journalism.. Still haven't forgotten adam sassler's rant in GOW ascension. piss of shit journalists.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]