By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse Son Of Rome still the best looking console game?

It's definitely one of the best. Probably comes down to Ryse or Infamous: SS, and at that point it's just based on personal preference. Some people prefer gritty realism, others prefer the style, and colourful particle effects of Infamous.

Around the Network

Yes, I think it does come down between Second Son and Ryse.

On consoles I would say that infamous second son looks better but ryse still looks good so I can definitely give it second place for that.

I have both ps4 and Xbox one and i do have ryse and killzone. Seen my older brother play ISS. Before release of ISS, imo Ryse was the best lookin game. However now that goes to ISS. Still imo ryse has best looking and most realistic character model

Personally i'd put Ryse and Killzone on the same footing, with inFamous SS topping them both.

Around the Network
hinch said:

video by the same guy :P

And take note of what he says at the beginning of the video.  "So welcome to what I think is the best looking next gen console game so far."  Considering he's played this after Ryse, means he obviously doesn't think Ryse is the best looking.

dane007 said:
I have both ps4 and Xbox one and i do have ryse and killzone. Seen my older brother play ISS. Before release of ISS, imo Ryse was the best lookin game. However now that goes to ISS. Still imo ryse has best looking and most realistic character model

I am playing Killzone right now and I can honestly say it does not look good as Ryse does. As soon as I can get Second Son at a good price I will get getting it. I give the edge to Ryse for how much it does on screen with all the effects and characters its just amazing for a launch title.

@Vasto -- Totally agree. the graphics fidelity you get with ryse especially with their very detailed character model and how in game cutscenes and non cutscenes look the same!. Killzone is a good looking game but not as a good as ryse imo. Seeing my brother play ISS,, i woudl recommend the game. Its alot of fun :).

Ryse Son Of Rome is the 3rd best looking game on console this gen would be more accurate even though how good something look is purely subjective.

Based on fact like pixel count and/or frame per second Ryse Son Of Rome doesnt even come in the top 5 being topped by at least KZ, ISS, Battlefield, forza and probably more.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

starcraft said:
Infamous SS certainly plays better - it really doesn't look better. Then again, Sucker Punch didn't set out to make a visual showpiece, whereas thats how Ryse was intended.

Yes it does.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank