By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW 10th May up! US/UK Software up.

Soundwave said:
Lafiel said:
Daisuke72 said:
Mobile is the future tbh, the day the iPhone comes with an Xperia play like design is the day the game industry is in real trouble tbh.

nah, there is just no way to make that kind of gamepad slider ergonomic

a possibility could be magnetic attachments of pretty much half-controllers you attach to each side of the smartphone when you want to play, but it probably makes the person holding that look like a dork, so a lot of people would reject that aswell

To be honest having played a fair share of smartphone games, the issue with them isn't so much the lack of buttons as it is a lack of directional input. A small joystick or even trackball that provided physical input for character/cursor movement on-screen would open the door to much deeper gaming experiences without having to alter the look of a smartphone too much. 

I don't really have a problem pressing on-screen buttons, but on-screen analog/d-pads just never work well. Even without a traditional button layout a phone could still also have an L/R shoulder button design too for physical buttons. Most types of games really only need two primary button commands anyway -- one for "jump" and one to make the character attack, and then from there you can assign secondary movements/commands to on-screen buttons. 

Here's the thing about mobile gaming. It's a billion times more convenient than both console and handheld gaming. History has shown time and again that the majority of consumers, when faced with the choice of either quality or convenience, will 100% of the time side with convenience. We've seen this with food, cars, music, movies etc. 

I think what's going to happen is, people will look at the options and go "Flappy Birds isn't as deep as Zelda, but I can carry it around inside my pocket on a device I already own for only $.0.99." I think the games we have come to know and love as gamers are simply going to go away or become very small in number and only exist on Steam/PC or our TV box via streaming.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
These weekly sales threads are getting less and less popular every week. People finally getting sick of VGC tracking? Going to be an interesting NPD.

They tend to alway get less popular in the summer as there are less games coming out and much lower and hence boring console sales.

Fusioncode said:
These weekly sales threads are getting less and less popular every week. People finally getting sick of VGC tracking? Going to be an interesting NPD.

Unfortunately I think this has a lot to do with the lower interest. Why put any credibility in the weekly numbers just to see them get adjusted a week later? :(

At least that's why I don't comment on the weekly numbers anymore. I really hope vgc can tweak its algorithm to get better predictions in the future. Otherwise, vgc only has the great community left.

If they dont track a boost on Vita slim launch week, think it just show how little VGC cares about sales tracking.

It's clearly the main function of the site, and every week it becomes more and more clear there just running the same algorithm.

Last week sales for a game that didn't release and this week sales dip on the release of a new hardware SKU.

Genuinely curious if there is staff problems at VG Towers.

Areym said:
The PS4 is doing piss poor in Japan. Like pretty bad.

They need to bring back the Knack bundles if you ask me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Areym said:
The PS4 is doing piss poor in Japan. Like pretty bad.

They need to bring back the Knack bundles if you ask me!

I'm tempted to say knack 2, but I fear sony making it into an annual franchise and watering down that which made knack the masterpiece that it is, but at the same time can there honestly be too much knack?

What is troubling is that even PS3 consistently sells more than WII U.

Even in Japan.

PS3 still on track for the 100 million sold target IMO.

updated for the official chart and us/uk software. ..in case anyone cares.

So it's confirmed... Either Borderlands is overtracked, or Vita undertracked by 40.000 units

EDIT: Come to think of it, if the latter is true, Vita outsold XOne.....

urgh terrible i hoped it was slacking with the prelim numbers... this is starting to get undefendable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.