By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:

The main page has news that says that Gamespot confirmed that X1 price cut boxes sold out, and normal priced ones increased in sales.

Their site must not be updated in real time, or it only includes sutff sold online, most people buy in shops.

I assume this is the article you are talking about.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-399-xbox-ones-flying-off-the-shelves-at-gamestop/1100-6420336/

It doesn't say that the xbox one is sold out, or that the sales of the $499 one increased.  It says the former  "started to fly off the shelves" and the latter is still "very vibrant".  Both of these claims are pretty nonspecific PR speak.  Also, both yesterday and now, the $399 XBO was not anywhere near a top seller (#90 right now, below multiple PS4 and Wii U SKUs), it is still available online, and still shows in stock at every store near me.

Let's wait a week or more please, don't jump so quick to conclusions, time will tell.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

Let's wait a week or more please, don't jump so quick to conclusions, time will tell.

Yesterday you seemed to have no problem jumping to the conclusion that the  $399 Xbox One was sold out at Gamestop, and that the $499 SKU was seeing increased sales (based on an article that said neither of these things).  Now a day later when that is proven to not be the case we need to wait longer and not jump to conclusions?

Did you already drill yourself a hole where you can hide as soon the shi.. hits the fan?

TheDrill said:
Yakuzaice said:

I assume this is the article you are talking about.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-399-xbox-ones-flying-off-the-shelves-at-gamestop/1100-6420336/

It doesn't say that the xbox one is sold out, or that the sales of the $499 one increased.  It says the former  "started to fly off the shelves" and the latter is still "very vibrant".  Both of these claims are pretty nonspecific PR speak.  Also, both yesterday and now, the $399 XBO was not anywhere near a top seller (#90 right now, below multiple PS4 and Wii U SKUs), it is still available online, and still shows in stock at every store near me.

You should heed your own advice. Your OP is an epitome of a hasty, poorly-supported conclusion. Continuing to tell us to wait is a total cop-out from the reality that the X1 is still not selling as well as the PS4. All SKUs sell the most at launch and the Kinect-less SKU is long past its peak. It never cracked the Top 40 in Amazon and is also outranked considerably in Gamestop. A lot of us have already told you before the SKU even released that debundling the Kinect would not give a large enough boost for the X1 to measure up to the PS4. We explained to why this was so and you just never listened. You ignored us and kept repeating the same so-called arguments like a broken record.

TheDrill said:
Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
The X1 is already selling out at Gamestop due to the price cut.

Looking at Gamestop's best sellers, PS4 Destiny bundle clocks at #18 and the PS4 is at #50. Xbox One is at #97.

On Amazon, PS4 Destiny bundle is at #8 and the PS4 is at #10. Xbox One is at #45 with the Titanfall bundle at #52.

Increase in sales? Yes. Enough of an increase to outsell the PS4? Unlikely.

The main page has news that says that Gamespot confirmed that X1 price cut boxes sold out, and normal priced ones increased in sales.

Their site must not be updated in real time, or it only includes sutff sold online, most people buy in shops.

Go read the thread on the article to see how much people believe the report is imprecise... and see BenVTiger comment on the increase of X1 being not as much as the newspiece reports, and PS4 still ahead of it. So your continuous hunt for evidence that X1 will pass PS4 is still in vain.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:

Yesterday you seemed to have no problem jumping to the conclusion that the  $399 Xbox One was sold out at Gamestop, and that the $499 SKU was seeing increased sales (based on an article that said neither of these things).  Now a day later when that is proven to not be the case we need to wait longer and not jump to conclusions?

Most people don't follow their own advise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:
Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
The X1 is already selling out at Gamestop due to the price cut.

Looking at Gamestop's best sellers, PS4 Destiny bundle clocks at #18 and the PS4 is at #50. Xbox One is at #97.

On Amazon, PS4 Destiny bundle is at #8 and the PS4 is at #10. Xbox One is at #45 with the Titanfall bundle at #52.

Increase in sales? Yes. Enough of an increase to outsell the PS4? Unlikely.

Go read the thread on the article to see how much people believe the report is imprecise... and see BenVTiger comment on the increase of X1 being not as much as the newspiece reports, and PS4 still ahead of it. So your continuous hunt for evidence that X1 will pass PS4 is still in vain.

x360 and ps3 bundle ahead of any current gen system

ps vita and wiU windwalker bundle ahaed of normal ps4 sku

next month npd will be very interesting...

NPD is coming.

I held off on this thread till after E3 and I think sales wise the most imprtant thing to happen was the Sony destiny bundle. Looking at how WatchDogs attached itself to PS4 even in the US, it's going to sell millions of consoles this Christmas unless something changes. The Halo collection should help but I would just be speculating on the magnitude of it's effect. On from that the Xbox one may outsell PS4 parts of 2015 (USA) but by then the Sony libary will begin to build up, and the fans who buy for Halo will already have one. They are certainly going to be much closer this gen, then again I thought the same about the UK and the PS4 is outselling it 2:1

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Halo MCC is preaching to the choir (people that overwhelmingly already bought their XB1s, the most dedicated Xbox fans).

The masses will come to 8th gen in stages, overwhelmingly for the huge multiplat games (and more so when the 7th gen ports start to dissipate). A ton of players only recently got a 7th gen system, so they will take a long time to get onboard. Same with millions and millions that don't have $399 or sometimes even $299 to buy a system, so that will be adoption for many years to come as well.

The PS4 advantage in mulitplats isn't going away, and the lower install base for XB1 means that even timed exclusive titles are going to be expensive.