By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
I believe next 2 week sales will tell the full story.

you mean the same old story, PS4 out sales em whatever they may do.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:
TheDrill said:

What will you do when XBO loses June NPDs? Give up and accept it, or start telling us 'it will catch up in the Holidays and outsell it'?

:)

Regardless of all the sherdog logic, in USA, marketshare wise between PS4 and X1 it's very close, like 5 % or so difference, this shows how much of a force X1 is in USA, especially compared to the dominance of PS4 in Europe.

What the fuck... Can you show me the math you used to get 5%?

Max King of the Wild said:
TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:
TheDrill said:

What will you do when XBO loses June NPDs? Give up and accept it, or start telling us 'it will catch up in the Holidays and outsell it'?

Regardless of all the sherdog logic, in USA, marketshare wise between PS4 and X1 it's very close, like 5 % or so difference, this shows how much of a force X1 is in USA, especially compared to the dominance of PS4 in Europe.

LMAO he's gotta be a joke account right? :D

Max King of the Wild said:

Must have been a typo, I think he meant 50%.

Aura7541 said:
So the PS4 outsold the X1 in May by 120k units which brings the overall gap in the US to ~620k. BenV has said that in Gamestop, X1 is leading the PS4, BUT the PS4 is putting a "hell of a fight." We have about a half month to go and the PS4 is leading the X1 in Amazon and Gamestop by a long shot. If this trend continues, whatever lead the X1 had will be erased and then some.

If you read the comments following Ben's statement, it was logically concluded that it was a minor spike from one retail chain.

Around the Network

Well June NDP will set the mood for the rest of the summer. Then its up to MS to work their holiday marketing magic.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LivingMetal said:
Aura7541 said:
So the PS4 outsold the X1 in May by 120k units which brings the overall gap in the US to ~620k. BenV has said that in Gamestop, X1 is leading the PS4, BUT the PS4 is putting a "hell of a fight." We have about a half month to go and the PS4 is leading the X1 in Amazon and Gamestop by a long shot. If this trend continues, whatever lead the X1 had will be erased and then some.

If you read the comments following Ben's statement, it was logically concluded that it was a minor spike from one retail chain.

Oh?  do you mind linking me the discussion?  I'd be curious to read it.

TheDrill said:
Arkaign said:
TheDrill said:

Courtesy of BHR-3 for adding all the NPD numbers up:

PS4: 3,307,000
X1: 
Difference: 588,000
Percentage of difference over X1 US total = (588,000/2,719,000) x 100 = 21.63%

Marketshare of the PS4 = 3,307,000/(3,307,000 + 2,719,000) x 100 = 55%
Marketshare of the X1 = 45%
Difference of marketshare percentage = 10%

Do NOT make up numbers without actually doing the math and I have also already told you to not look just at percentages. If the difference of marketshare percentage persist or grows over time, then it'll be harder for the X1 to overcome the gap because 1.) the gap in hardware units will be substantially higher and 2.) the amount of time the X1 will have to overcome that gap will be considerably less. As a result, the X1 will have to sell a lot, lot more per unit time to overcome the gap, which at that point will be a pipedream.

You may be right.   I think they have a better line up of games coming out.  

LivingMetal said:
Aura7541 said:

I see. I was part of the conversation at the beginning, but I wasn't there for the entirety. Thanks for point it out.