By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

I think the majority of early adopters are more loyal consumers than the majority of consumers out there. I mean the PS2 dominated but that didn't ensure the ps3's domination. Sony is still the more reputable brand in terms of hardware and software.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
Robbie2010 said:
badgenome said:
TheDrill said:

the're*

*they're

Wtf has this forum devolved into? lol

*WTF

TheDrill said:
Xenostar said:
TheDrill said:
Xenostar said:
As earlier today you stated xbox one was already outselling PS4, ill take your opinion with a huge grain of salt :)

But glad youve at least looked at VGC numbers now, even tho there about to change tomorow when NPD comes out

Current week US numbers:

XOne 50,092 (-4%) 2,871,919
PS4 48,257 (-6%) 3,193,923

Last week US numbers:

XOne 52,355 (-6%) 2,821,827
PS4 51,528 (-10%) 3,145,666

yes there wrong, you will see this tomorow, your thread is 1 day premature im afraid.

the're*

Even if they are slightly wrong, I was talking about what will happen once the price cut happens, even if Xbox one sold less, it's still withing a low margin, overall with a higher price cut X1 only sold 10 % less, imagine what the price cut will do and halo? wonders I tell you.

they're*?

OT. 

I wouldn't trust Vgchartz weekly numbers. 

This post made my day.hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

badgenome said:
TheDrill said:

the're*

*they're

*thar

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Robbie2010 said:
badgenome said:
TheDrill said:

the're*

*they're

Wtf has this forum devolved into? lol

*WTF

Win.

vivster said:

*thar

TheDrill said:

the're*

Even if they are slightly wrong, I was talking about what will happen once the price cut happens, even if Xbox one sold less, it's still withing a low margin, overall with a higher price cut X1 only sold 10 % less, imagine what the price cut will do and halo? wonders I tell you.

and what if they are more wrong than slightly?

TheDrill said:

Xbox 360 has dominated USA  last generation, and people forget that even with all the bad reputation, the higher price cut X1 didn't sell significantly less than the PS4 in here.

In the USA, as of today the Xbox one only sold  approximatively only 11 % less than PS4 did

And for the last few weeks X1 sold on par or even slightly more than the PS4.

Now that the price cut has been announced, as well as Halo and the ability to run IE and netflix without paying for gold, I expect it to sell a lot more.

A considerable advantage is that all these announcement, especailly the price cut will convince a lot of xbox 360 owners to upgrade, and considering how well xbox 360 sold in USA, there are many of them.

The current difference between PS4 and X1 in the US is  322004 units.

That means that if xbox starts selling 10k more than it does currently,  (only a 20 % increase in sales) or about 60k, it needs only  32 weeks, or 8 months to catch up. Considering that it will sell a lot during Christmas, It will have more units sold in the US by January 2015, and start outselling it from there.

After that it will slowly grow and eventually sell more long a term considerably more than the PS4.

you mean on USA or total sales? Because if you think USA gap will put Xone on 1º place globally i have bad news for you.....

OttoniBastos said:
TheDrill said:

Xbox 360 has dominated USA  last generation, and people forget that even with all the bad reputation, the higher price cut X1 didn't sell significantly less than the PS4 in here.

In the USA, as of today the Xbox one only sold  approximatively only 11 % less than PS4 did

And for the last few weeks X1 sold on par or even slightly more than the PS4.

Now that the price cut has been announced, as well as Halo and the ability to run IE and netflix without paying for gold, I expect it to sell a lot more.

A considerable advantage is that all these announcement, especailly the price cut will convince a lot of xbox 360 owners to upgrade, and considering how well xbox 360 sold in USA, there are many of them.

The current difference between PS4 and X1 in the US is  322004 units.

That means that if xbox starts selling 10k more than it does currently,  (only a 20 % increase in sales) or about 60k, it needs only  32 weeks, or 8 months to catch up. Considering that it will sell a lot during Christmas, It will have more units sold in the US by January 2015, and start outselling it from there.

After that it will slowly grow and eventually sell more long a term considerably more than the PS4.

you mean on USA or total sales? Because if you think USA gap will put Xone on 1º place globally i have bad news for you.....

I mean US only