By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:
Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

at 0.87 or roughly 13 % difference, this shows that even game preorders/sales are very close to each other.
And this is before the price cut.

Wasn't your argument a few days ago that the Xbox One was selling more software therefore it is undertracked?  That is actually showing an advantage for the PS4 beyond the current ratio.  The Xbox One is at 87.244% of PS4 sales in the US, but Destiny is at 87.025%.  The weekly number has an even larger advantage for the PS4.

Also, why not use Watch Dogs?

All of this with the caveat that I don't place much, if any, faith in VGC preorder numbers.

Titanfall sold more in USA than any PS4 title (more than infamous, a lot more) and still continues to do so weekly.

Because it's obvious that Watch Dogs is not a game that caters to the X1 audience, but Destiny does.

And BenV have accounted that Destiny is having a lot more pre-order on PS4 than in X1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

anecdotal evidence here but the guy at the gamestop I go to said they only have three pre-orders for the Kinect-less Xbox one.

E3 is going to be glorious, X1 numbers are going to look pathetic month after month. Microsoft went overboard trying to distract from the horrible 2:1 global beating, and even losing the US market. If 2014 is the data you examine, it's even worse. I've never seen a more front loaded situation with a console before. You had a modest dedicated fanbase willing to pay a premium price for a weak, uninspired, poor value of a product, and beyond that demand has fallen right off a cliff. It's absolutely dead outside of US/UK, and fading hard even there.

4:1 globally this gen is the best case MS can hope for in terms of losing to PS4. By end of gen it may be closer to 5:1+.

Even VGC's broken overinflated XB1 tracking has them losing solidly, the NPD confirmation is just going to be hammering nails into the XB1's legacy of blunders and stumble towards irrelevance.

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:
Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:
Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

at 0.87 or roughly 13 % difference, this shows that even game preorders/sales are very close to each other.

Wasn't your argument a few days ago that the Xbox One was selling more software therefore it is undertracked?  That is actually showing an advantage for the PS4 beyond the current ratio.  The Xbox One is at 87.244% of PS4 sales in the US, but Destiny is at 87.025%.  The weekly number has an even larger advantage for the PS4.

All of this with the caveat that I don't place much, if any, faith in VGC preorder numbers.

Titanfall sold more in USA than any PS4 title (more than infamous, a lot more) and still continues to do so weekly.

Because it's obvious that Watch Dogs is not a game that caters to the X1 audience, but Destiny does.

And BenV have accounted that Destiny is having a lot more pre-order on PS4 than in X1.

only 13 % more.

In the USA X1 will recover, wait for the price cut, 10k increase a week will mean it will catch up with ps4 by end of year.

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:
Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:
Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

only 13 % more.

In the USA X1 will recover, wait for the price cut, 10k increase a week will mean it will catch up with ps4 by end of year.

VGC have it a little over X1, Gamestop (were BenV pick 100% sample) is alot in front.

And right now VGC is tracking X1 ahead of what it really is... this week PS4 at 49k and X1 at 35k (when it should be between 20-25k).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

only 13 % more.

No just no, it will never recover the amount needed let alone do the impossible and catch up to the PS4.

It lacks the multitude of advantages it would need to ever do anything near that.

Arkaign said:
E3 is going to be glorious, X1 numbers are going to look pathetic month after month. Microsoft went overboard trying to distract from the horrible 2:1 global beating, and even losing the US market. If 2014 is the data you examine, it's even worse. I've never seen a more front loaded situation with a console before. You had a modest dedicated fanbase willing to pay a premium price for a weak, uninspired, poor value of a product, and beyond that demand has fallen right off a cliff. It's absolutely dead outside of US/UK, and fading hard even there.

4:1 globally this gen is the best case MS can hope for in terms of losing to PS4. By end of gen it may be closer to 5:1+.

Even VGC's broken overinflated XB1 tracking has them losing solidly, the NPD confirmation is just going to be hammering nails into the XB1's legacy of blunders and stumble towards irrelevance.

I really wonder what Microsoft did to you personnaly to hate/bash them that much and wishing so much bad news for the Xbox community...
Also becarefull while talking about the Xbox fanbase in these terms; there are other ways to share you "own" oppinion (even it is certainly shared by the whole Playstation fanbase)...

Now just to respond to your 4:1 or 5:1... I mean, just open Excel (or use Google docs if you like) and do some projections... Even if there are more PS4 selling right now (and I'm not expecting this to change anytime soon), I will let you try to figure out what kind of performance (on both side, PS and Xbox, bad or good) would be required to achieve that... Stop using completly random/out of place numbers like that if you want people to take you a bit seriously.

BeElite said:
TheDrill said:

only 13 % more.

No just no, it will never recover the amount needed let alone do the impossible and catch up to the PS4.

It lacks the multitude of advantages it would need to ever do anything near that.

If you do the math you see it's very much possible, even plausible.

10k more a week and X1 catches with PS4 in a few months, do the math.

TheDrill said:
BeElite said:
TheDrill said:

only 13 % more.

add 10k to last weeks USA numbers and PS4 still out sales it. 

You are blindly hoping for best case scenerio for X1 while at same time hoping for worst for PS4, reality of the situation does not show that likely. 

TheDrill said:
BeElite said:
TheDrill said:

only 13 % more.

Even with VGC numbers, when adding 10k to the past weeks, the PS4 would still outsell the X1. Of course, this is VGC we're talking about where X1 sales are horribly inflated while the PS4 always gets undertracked. Heck, even after adjustments, the X1 sales are still overtracked. And here's BenV's concise, but very straightforward comment on the May NPD thread.