By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
Phantom-Lord said:
TheDrill said:
Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
Further proof that X1 is doing great in USA: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251627/top-10-selling-games-in-april-2014-titanfall-minecraft/

There's no proof. And by your logic, if X1 is doing great in the USA, then the PS4 is performing godlike. It would behoove you to read my previous comment. If you have no legitimate counterargument, then don't comment at all. -_-"

X1 sold a lot more software overall than PS4 in USA, proof that it's undertracked. 

ROFL......No. PS4 has a lot more digital offerings, free to play games and indies. It is also not a lot more at all, overall ps4 WW has sold a lot mroe software then x1.

May ps4 has MLB the show and watch dogs, ps4 will sell more software and hardware again in may.

X1 has no software the rest of the year that will really drive hardware, except maybe a 10 year old halo remake. Has zero for the summer.

more*

And I am talking about US not WorldWide.

X1 no software rest of the year? how about Halo, Fable and Forza?

And how did that go for the 360 in the second half of its lifecycle? Last time I checked, the PS3 utterly crushed it with new IPs like Unfinished Swan, Journey, The Last of Us, Rain, Beyond, etc.

Halo is merely a remaster of a 10 year old game. The people who have played Halo 2 have already done so. This is a huge difference to TLOU Remastered. It's still a young game and there are a lot of holdouts from the previous gen. There are a lot of non-PS3 owners who would like to play TLOU and the remastered version is a perfect chance for them to experience it, especially since it'll be in 1080p with graphical and performance improvements. Oh, and Destiny says hi.

Fable has been utter crap. Fable 1 started off the series really well, but it went downhill from there. The series has dug itself a really large hole after leaving such an acrid taste in people's mouths with Fable 3.

Forza will be easily countered with Driveclub. After the horrid downgrade from E3, I don't see why anyone should trust Turn 10 at delivering a high quality racer after what they did. Baked lighting, no anti-aliasing, cardboard cutout crowds, static and two dimensional environments, and lack of day/night cycles. Just an utter mess. In contrast, Evolution has made huge leaps with Driveclub since the delay. Every new footage showed improvements over the previous. Lighting is fantasic, the crowds are actual crowds, the foliage is not a cut-and-paste job, the days cycle, the framerate is rock-solid despite only being 30 fps, and the attention to detail is stunning (e.g. the emphasis of residue on the windshield when sunlight shines through the window).

And the superior PS4 version of multiplats are icing on cake.

Around the Network

You guys are delusional.

- Moderated, Carl

TheDrill said:
You guys are delusional.

I know that you are but what am I? 

lol pardon the 5 year old insult.

...N. America Europe Japan Global

PS4 48,168  45,010  6,912    111,557
X1   33,469  11,240  N/A          48,669

YAhh i guess not this week soon.

TheDrill said:

You guys are delusional.

- Moderated, Carl

If you are to disagree with us, disagree with reason. What you have been doing has not contributed to the discussion at all. The bunch of us who have disagreed with your viewpoints have presented our reasoning and evidence. All you have been doing is repeating what you've said in the OP and ignoring all the counter-evidence presented to you.

Around the Network

I'm delusional... at first I was expecting the OP to reflete and learn, but that was just naive of me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

at 0.87 or roughly 13 % difference, this shows that even game preorders/sales are very close to each other.
And this is before the price cut.

Those Destiny pre-orders are inaccurate. Ben already confirmed that Destiny PS4 has more pre-orders than Titanfall did when it launched.

TheDrill said:
Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

at 0.87 or roughly 13 % difference, this shows that even game preorders/sales are very close to each other.

Wasn't your argument a few days ago that the Xbox One was selling more software therefore it is undertracked?  That is actually showing an advantage for the PS4 beyond the current ratio.  The Xbox One is at 87.244% of PS4 sales in the US, but Destiny is at 87.025%.  The weekly number has an even larger advantage for the PS4.

Also, why not use Watch Dogs?

All of this with the caveat that I don't place much, if any, faith in VGC preorder numbers.

Yakuzaice said:
TheDrill said:
Destiny (XOne)
Activision, Action
16 4,346 265,163

Destiny (PS4)
Activision, Action
16 5,268 304,698

Wasn't your argument a few days ago that the Xbox One was selling more software therefore it is undertracked?  That is actually showing an advantage for the PS4 beyond the current ratio.  The Xbox One is at 87.244% of PS4 sales in the US, but Destiny is at 87.025%.  The weekly number has an even larger advantage for the PS4.

Also, why not use Watch Dogs?

All of this with the caveat that I don't place much, if any, faith in VGC preorder numbers.

Titanfall sold more in USA than any PS4 title (more than infamous, a lot more) and still continues to do so weekly.

Because it's obvious that Watch Dogs is not a game that caters to the X1 audience, but Destiny does.