By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

Miguel_Zorro said:
TheDrill said:
Xenostar said:

yes there wrong, you will see this tomorow, your thread is 1 day premature im afraid.

the're*

Even if they are slightly wrong, I was talking about what will happen once the price cut happens, even if Xbox one sold less, it's still withing a low margin, overall with a higher price cut X1 only sold 10 % less, imagine what the price cut will do and halo? wonders I tell you.

I'm a bit of a spelling freak, but I usually force myself to let things go.  If you're going to correct somebody's spelling, you can't make a mistake in the process of correcting them.

thay'air*

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

I just believe that VGchartz numbers are more accurate for the period when Titanfall was unleashed than NPD ones/

People underestimate how popular FPSes are in USA, and how strong the Xbox brand is, it's clear that NPD didn't estimate this correctly for last month.

for someone with a masters you dont come across... smartly... "global in the usa" for instance. Also, you are just flat out wrong about USA loyalty 

What you guys still fail to realize that X1 sold only ~10 % less than the PS4 even with a bad reputation, higher price and all that.

The difference is so insignificant that a price cut can make X1 overtake the PS4 in a few months.

It's not like in Europe where PS4 sold 2 times more than Xbox, it's really close.

TheDrill said:
What you guys still fail to realize that X1 sold only ~90 % less than the PS4 even with a bad reputation, higher price and all that.

The difference is so insignificant that a price cut can make X1 overtake the PS4 in a few months.

It's not like in Europe where PS4 sold 2 times more than Xbox, it's really close.

What you fail to realize is that you can already find an X1  at $450 with Titanfall and Kinect, also Xbox was the big winner last gen in USA so they lost massive market to Sony this gen right out of the gate Kinectless X1 will help no doubt but it won't push it ahead just look at last months numbers: PS4 is ahead with 85K.

How much can Kinectless X1 close the gap?

autor the dreamer. Xone will never come back, US, Uk and of course world will be PS4garden until the end of one, soon.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

What you guys still fail to realize that X1 sold only ~10 % less than the PS4 even with a bad reputation, higher price and all that.

The mistake you are making is that you somehow have it in your head that the xbox brand=/better than the PS brand.

If you are going off how well the 360 performed in NA, and believe that there are somhow all those people waiting to buy an X1, then just look at the PS2. The PS2 sold over 150M consoles worldwide compared to the 30+M worldwide the xbox sold, yet the PS3 was decimated in NA. Better yet, just look at the Wii and then the WiiU. Brand loyalty doesn't hold anything near as much relevance as you seem to associate with it.

Honestly, I don't think the X1 is loosing to the PS4 enough in NA to not at least keep the fight close. But I also don't think its going to somehow start outselling the PS4 by over 70K each month from price drop onwards for it to one day outsell the PS4 in NA. If it would make you happy, I expect the XB1 to do very very well in june when they drop the price and settle down the months after. But don't get your hopes up that price parity is enough to turn things around. At its heart, pound for pound, the PS4 is overall better hardware you know?

TheDrill said:

What you fail to realize is that outside the launch where both consoles sold really close to one another PS4 have been selling more than 50% above X1. Just look at the NPD numbers or even VGC after corrections.

Even in the TF release (bundle 2 games and 50 discount) for 450,00 they still lost with good margin so that should show you that it isn't easy to determine that a 400,00 console only SKU won't do wonders. Well that if you intended to be honest on it, but if you preffer to keep pretending that is your choice.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

What you fail to realize is that outside the launch where both consoles sold really close to one another PS4 have been selling more than 50% above X1. Just look at the NPD numbers or even VGC after corrections.

Even in the TF release (bundle 2 games and 50 discount) for 450,00 they still lost with good margin so that should show you that it isn't easy to determine that a 400,00 console only SKU won't do wonders. Well that if you intended to be honest on it, but if you preffer to keep pretending that is your choice.

I was talking only about US, and in US X1 is only ~ 10 % less than PS4 in total sales.

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

I was talking only about US, and in US X1 is only ~ 10 % less than PS4 in total sales.

No, the PS4 is leading the X1 by 0.5 million units in the US. The X1 sold about 2.5 million in the US total, so it is selling 20% less than the PS4.

If it wasn't for Titanfall, the X1 would have been outsold 2 to 1 each month starting January. However, even with Titanfall and the $449 at its back, it couldn't outsell the PS4. The Kinect-less SKU will do minimal impact because you get an X1 for virtually $289 ($449 - $100 - $60) with the Titanfall bundle, a hugely better deal than what MS is offering. I can buy a Kinect-less SKU and a game for $459 or get the Titanfall bundle for $449 on top of which I can sell the Kinect for some money now that it will be no longer bundled with every X1.

Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

No, the PS4 is leading the X1 by 0.5 million units in the US. The X1 sold about 2.5 million in the US total, so it is selling 20% less than the PS4.

If it wasn't for Titanfall, the X1 would have been outsold 2 to 1 each month starting January. However, even with Titanfall and the $449 at its back, it couldn't outsell the PS4. The Kinect-less SKU will do minimal impact because you get an X1 for virtually $289 ($449 - $100 - $60) with the Titanfall bundle, a hugely better deal than what MS is offering.

X1 = 2,916,551

PS4 = 3,239,308

X1/PS4 = 2,916,551/3,239,308 = 0.90 = 90 % of PS4 sales

QED.

Lawyered.

#rekt.