By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

I see no sound logic here moving on.

Around the Network
Damagon said:
TheDrill said:

You fail to understand that I did the math.

I understand perfectly well that both the ps4 and x1 are selling units, but for the last 4 weeks X1 either outself bu ~ 2-5k , per week or had the same sales as a PS4. furthermore before that the PS4 only outself X1 by ~3-5 k, if even that.

What that means is that for PS4 to gain 1 % edge on X1 it needs to sell approximatively 60k units, at the current pace it will take months to gain just 1 % over X1.

OK I shall bite. 

If NPD  is innacurate, and VGChartz is innacurate, then where exactly are YOU getting your numbers from? How can you make a prediciton/a deduction/math when you have already admitted not even Microsoft themselves know have many units they have sold? How do you know Sony's number too?  

You cannot reject the veracity of the numbers given just to later use those same numbers in an argument for your own agenda. 

I just believe that VGchartz numbers are more accurate for the period when Titanfall was unleashed than NPD ones/

People underestimate how popular FPSes are in USA, and how strong the Xbox brand is, it's clear that NPD didn't estimate this correctly for last month.

TheDrill said:

I just believe that VGchartz numbers are more accurate for the period when Titanfall was unleashed than NPD ones/

People underestimate how popular FPSes are in USA, and how strong the Xbox brand is, it's clear that NPD didn't estimate this correctly for last month.

So basically VGC is right whenever they have XB1 ahead right? Ok.... got you.

All makes perfect sense now.

TheDrill said:
Damagon said:
TheDrill said:

You fail to understand that I did the math.

I understand perfectly well that both the ps4 and x1 are selling units, but for the last 4 weeks X1 either outself bu ~ 2-5k , per week or had the same sales as a PS4. furthermore before that the PS4 only outself X1 by ~3-5 k, if even that.

What that means is that for PS4 to gain 1 % edge on X1 it needs to sell approximatively 60k units, at the current pace it will take months to gain just 1 % over X1.

OK I shall bite. 

If NPD  is innacurate, and VGChartz is innacurate, then where exactly are YOU getting your numbers from? How can you make a prediciton/a deduction/math when you have already admitted not even Microsoft themselves know have many units they have sold? How do you know Sony's number too?  

You cannot reject the veracity of the numbers given just to later use those same numbers in an argument for your own agenda. 

But VGC makes adjustments, and some massive ones at that, which puts the numbers closer to NPDs numbers time and time again. I have absolutely no doubt the X1 will be adjusted down massively in the days to come on this site. What will your argument be then?

And no it's not clear to anyone, including Sony and MIcrosoft,  but you.  Unless you are willing to back your statements with solid data then you are just trying to prove the numbers wrong  based on your personal intuition/opinion. Which is not really how this works.  

TheDrill said:
Damagon said:

OK I shall bite. 

No it is not clear, 'wishful thinking based on nothing' is what it is.

Let me tell you some indicators we have for March and April US sales.

1st.: Amazon rankings for both months

March: PS4 1st; X1 11th

April: PS4 5th; X1 24th

2nd: Comments from BenV a vgchartz members who is a bigshot at Gamestop and thus has access Gamestop sales data from all over the US.

In March he said that, the X1 sold very well during Titanfall week but dropped off very fast after that.

In April he called the X1s sales, and I quote, "dead".

3rd: The numbers of NPD, or in other words the US tracker that is trusted by all the big video game companies and that gets data from the majority of US retailers.

NPD shows the PS4 beating the X1 in both months

Other indicators that show that X1 sales must be lacking somewhat in MS's eyes are: bundling Titanfall for free, discounting that bundle, them slowing down production so retailers can clear stock and now even unbundling the Kinect to cut the price by a $100.

The only thing that backs up your theory is this site that has the 3DS selling more than it shipped, that says there are over 2 million Xbox 360 on shelves around the world and that until a couple months ago had the UKs hardware sales overtracked by over 1 million units across all platforms and that, as if that wasn't enough, even adjusts its numbers according to NPD data.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

The words of a paranoid schizophrenic ?

Please, you just try to sound witty on the forums, you are not qualified to make such statements, and it's obvious to an intelligent person that you can't deduce such things from forum posts.

I am like the doctor that told his fellow colleagues to wash their hands before surgeries, and they took it as  an insult, and it took many years for microscopic life and pathogens to be discovered, I am simply ahead of my time, and none of you realize it.

Well considering your MASTERS'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, I assumed you would at least have a dictionary to understand what the term means. Its more of a description of your status rather than an insult.
BTW, your supposed "credentials" are irrelevant. You could be Neil Degrasse Tyson, and if your reasoning isn't sound I will not hesitate to destroy you.

You say you're like the doctor. I am a doctor.

If you where ahead of your time, you would still have solid arguments to backup your claims not shotdown proclimations from the ether. Hell, you could actually be a time traveller from the future, and you without sound evidence, your claims would be indistingushable from that of the malcontent.

You would think someone who claims to be intellgent, would understand a basic argument. Simply saying your ahead of the times is insufficient to back up your claims.

Since your new here, its best you learn quick. That shit does not fly here.

You claim that in a month, everyone but you will be wrong. That is hilarious. You weren't here for the DriveClubGate, but it was essentially 2 threads and 250+ posts of me trying to convince people of the issue of sony's initial upgrade option with DriveClub. Irregardless of how succesful I was, enough people on the internet shared my sentiments and Sony eventually realized it to. Within in 24 hours, thats the difference between your nonsense claims and sound reasoning skills.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheDrill said:
Madword said:
TheDrill said:
Rafux said:

"most people are blind"

Oh the irony. Ya best be trollin' son you chose to ignore a NPD report confirmed by MS and you call others blind. You can get a 449$ X1 with Titanfall and Kinect right now the price cut wont give that strong of a boost and MS lost America where they have a huge advantage don't dismiss the fact of PS4 taking USA back, it was very well played by Sony.

Some web admin published an NPD arcticle on the xbox site, doesn't comfirm anything.

Microsoft only knows how much they shipped, they don't count sales either.

Really?

Sorry to say this, but it's needed I think...Are you so Microsoft loyalty led that even direct evidence and posting by said company you still claim it as lies. I can only assume you are very young or very uneducated, or both, because if Microsoft release sales figures and you are saying they are wrong, well there's just no way anyone here can take you seriously ever.

I assure you I am very educated, I have a Masters degree in computer science, I am more educated and intelligent than most people on these forums.

NPD just publishes numbers, Microsoft doesn't know how many units they sold, just shipped, so they just took NPD's numbers, and published them on the xbox site, of course NPD numbers are highly inaccurate as VGChartz show.

I don't care how many degrees you have you sound like a 12 year old, you do realize Vgchartz adjust to NPD numbers right? Why would that be?

And what are your credentials to say NPD is highly innacurate? The way I see it is this:  Real numbers > NPD >>>VG chartz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your numbers pulled out of thin air desesperation and dreams

Current sales trends don't support the OP, but the gap specifically in NA isn't so large that it's impossible or even improbable.

But the argument is hinging on a complete turnaround of sales under the notion that a $399 XB1 is perceived as having the same value as a $399 PS4, which is something I'm not seeing from the American public.

It will either help MS clear the current 2 million units of inventory they allegedly have in warehouses, hence the temporary halt/slow down in production, or it will simply be seen as another flip flop, further reducing the perceived value of the XB1.

The XB1 with Kinect, a $50 discount and Titanfall was available following the launch of that title and other retailers were offering a $50 discount plus an additional game as well; some were even throwing in XBL Gold subscriptions, so technically a sub $400 XB1 (with Kinect) was already available in most NA markets and that didn't exactly cause sales to explode.

I'll mark this thread for future reference.

And people really need to stop using their education in an attempt to legitimize their claims or predictions.

It should result in slightly more intelligent and insightful posts, but this is not always the case.

If one can't base their claims on genius level intelligence and a wall full of framed credentials, they're just going to have to rely upon reason, facts and the capacity to reach logical, objective conclusions.

At worst, saying you have a multiple doctorates in fields related to the industry plus an MBA AND you work in the industry on a corporate level and you post claims or predictions that turn out to be far off the mark, it just makes you look like either complete idiot, or a liar.

TheDrill said:
teigaga said:
The XO will definitely see a strong boost in sales after a $100 price cut, its crazy to think otherwise. Whether it outperforms the PS4 longterm all depends on the games. As someone who's probably gonna pick up a ps4 first, I'm actually slightly worried about sonys line up 2014. Microsoft on the otherhand look like they have a hit on their hands with Sunset Overdrive and will have a garunteed systsem seller in the form of a halo

Thank you for being reasonable, most people are blind

in the usa ps4 has only 10 % more units sold, and that is being at a lower price, and launching earlier.

This proves how close the battle is, and how close it will become with the price cut.

lol. i see tht 115k to 200k (more than 10%) jus fine. Ad its just going to get worse in may